Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

...and being immeasurably better than all of the alternatives, even if he hasn't been great recently.

He doesn't do anything in open play so I disagree

I disagree with that, but even if I agreed, compared to who?

Atsu and Murphy, maybe Aarons. They at least get on the ball and try to drag us forward even if their end product is poor

...and being immeasurably better than all of the alternatives, even if he hasn't been great recently.

Atsu and Murphy, maybe Aarons. They at least get on the ball and try to drag us forward even if their end product is poor

Ritchie is a completely different type of winger though.

Ritchie is a completely different type of winger though.

Aye, one completely unsuited to playing for a team like ours

Guest firetotheworks

And yet generally (not recently though) Ritchie's strength over them is his end product and defensive responsibility. Better strikers and his delivery would look a lot better than it is at the moment imo.

And yet generally (not recently though) Ritchie's strength over them is his end product and defensive responsibility. Better strikers and his delivery would look a lot better than it is at the moment imo.

Also most of our goals have come from a Ritchie assist be it a delivery into the box or a set piece.

He is technically better, yes, but he doesn't get the chance to show it as he doesn't get up the pitch quick enough. His defensive responsibility is no better than Atsu or Murphy based on this season.

As I have said, I would start him because of his corners though

Slow, permanently angry and not even that good at dead balls.

Never understood his popularity.

What? I get that he may not be someone's cup of tea in open play, but that's just wrong.

What? I get that he may not be someone's cup of tea in open play, but that's just wrong.

Aye it's lucky he didn't the corner for our first goal like.

Guest firetotheworks

He's assisted nigh on all of our goals, most of which have come from set pieces, and he's just scored and assisted from two set pieces tonight. :lol: I dunno how you'd draw the conclusion that he's not good at dead balls.

2 assists? What's that then 6 for the season?

Doing really well on that front, still a really valuable player to us despite his slight dip.

all set pieces? Might as well play him AM.

I also think he's worth trying there. I think he can do the job Perez does but with a bit more end product.

I can't recall him ever playing that role through the middle for us before? Feels like he would fit it, may be wrong though.