Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

There’s probably 7 or 8 players in our squad that need replacing before Ritchie.

A real leader on the pitch too, him organising the defence in the first half when Lascelles was down :love:

If you are happy with wingers who are good defenders who regularly go weeks without doing anything and then blaming Atsu when he has to do everything like everyone else seems to then sure.

But i personally i don't like rewarding mediocrity.

I wouldn't go as far as you in that I think Ritchie is very good on the ball when he gets the ball in good positions but I agree with you on Atsu. Its much harder to do what Atsu does than what Ritchie does when they get the ball on say the half way line. Atsu runs at them trying to drive the team forward and Ritchie just keeps the ball and hopes someone else gets it up the pitch. Now obviously its not his fault he doesn't have the pace to do it

Guest firetotheworks

Again he's the last of our problems.

Dunno Striker and AM aside he's pretty far up the list, i have never understood the fanfare around him personally. He's basically a 2nd fullback and contributes fuck all going forward.

Atsu aside he's just as irrelevant offensively as everybody else tbh, one thing i do like about him however is he doesn't treat the football like a grenade like most of the team.

I don't think we should discuss football tbh. :lol:

In open play he’s very very average. His ability from deadballs makes him one of our best. 

I'm not saying he's great, but he's definitely one of the least of our worries at the moment. I mean, he's bang average from open play but still seems to be close to scoring or assisting every game. He's dangerous and he's good with set pieces.

• 3 weeks later...

he was horrific today,  his defending for the first goal was a disgrace, he stopped and appealed for offside inside of tracking his man and then blamed Yedlin and then amazingly let that left back bomb past him again for the 2nd goal and for the 4t or 5th game as offered us nothing going forward.

Guest neesy111

Just watched the first goal again I genuinely can not believe he tried to claim offside there.

Aye, I was flabbergasted what he was doing for that goal.

Glad he is finally getting called out. Didnt impress me last season and has been a passenger based on reputation this season. Whilst he does put a shift in he is always the first person to point the finger or in todays case just point in general. He is far from the biggest issue right now but i wouldnt have him anywahere near the first 11 if we were wanting to progress