Matt Ritchie: Released (Official)

Fenham Mag

Ritchie out, Townsend in. Would people be happy with that?

Nah, not for me. If Kenedy came in permanently, probably. But even in the unlikely scenario that he did, we'd still be 1 player down from last season.

Not sure if Ritchie would agree with spending another year in the Championship. I'd have thought he'd be on decent wages here and Stoke and Boro wouldn't be able to improve on it much

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't be happy with this. Mint attitude and a very useful player even when he's not quite on it. Naturally I'd be a lot more comfortable if we were keeping him but with competition coming in, or if we were signing a replacement. I have no confidence in either happening, so as it stands it's a shit move.

Ritchie is nothing special in regards to talent but I feel he's been an important character over the last 2 seasons. Swapping him for a player that seems a bit fairweather, and that is yet to have a full good season in the premier league, doesn't seem smart. Townsend is capable of better performances than Ritchie but that's not enough.

Selling Ritchie and then buying Kenedy leaves us worse off than the end of the January transfer window like.

If the Mitrovic money buys a striker then I’d say it’s significantly stronger than when the deadline ended.

So Ritchie and Mitro out and unknown striker in = significantly stronger? Some huge if's going on. What realistic striker could that even be?

Guest neesy111

Selling Ritchie and then buying Kenedy leaves us worse off than the end of the January transfer window like.

If the Mitrovic money buys a striker then I’d say it’s significantly stronger than when the deadline ended.

IF.

We can't even replace U23 players at the moment. 

So Ritchie and Mitro out and unknown striker in = significantly stronger? Some huge if's going on. What realistic striker could that even be?

Mitrovic wasn’t here though, chances are that an unknown striker will be better than Gayle anyway if we’re spending that.

Ritchie scored more goals than Kenedy from when Kenedy arrived in January. Ritchie is a model pro. £15m isn't even that much these days. NUFC bought him for £12m. Why would he want to go back to the Championship?

There's a lot of players I'd sell before Ritchie. I suppose it depends who other clubs are interested in buying.

Who's playing RW? Atsu or Murphy?

Shouldn't be a case of either/or. We should be able to have both. And that's if a) Kenedy is even available b) won't have better offers than us, highly likely.

Kenedy is as much a NUFC player as Mitro is a Fulham player. At the moment our wingers are Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu and Aarons. Sell Ritchie, maybe buy Kenedy and who is now our first choice right winger?

Probably Murphy. Certainly can't say he isn't working hard for a starting place.

Ritchie has been one of our most important players since we signed him. Model pro off the pitch and a leader on it. No confidence at all in our ability to attract a better player to replace him with the money Ashley will want to pay.

We're blatantly shaping up for anothet Anita summer. One in and no major outgoings and we're supposed to thank our lucky stars we swatted away these moderate bids for our best players.

"We've not lost anyone and now we've got Anita" or whatever it was that Pardew said that year.

Ritchie has been one of our most important players since we signed him. Model pro off the pitch and a leader on it. No confidence at all in our ability to attract a better player to replace him with the money Ashley will want to pay.

??????

We're blatantly shaping up for anothet Anita summer. One in and no major outgoings and we're supposed to thank our lucky stars we swatted away these moderate bids for our best players.

"We've not lost anyone and now we've got Anita" or whatever it was that Pardew said that year.

Remember that. What an absolute fucking cheek that was. Especially since Anita turned out to be shite.