The Semi-Finals - Qualified - Portugal & France

Guest firetotheworks

Portugal are shit in all honesty like. I can't think of a team less deserving of reaching a final in recent years.

If we go to the final we'll be hammered. I don't even become happy with this.

You really are a joyless c***, enjoy it while you can man.

After the match I received a call from like 4 or 5 lads, thrilled and inviting me to go to Lisbon's downtown to celebrate.

Very calmly I explained to them why we were going to lose in the Final and how we had no chance. And I remembered them all of our lost finals and how we used to believe back then also before we played them.

5 minutes ago the girlfriend from one of them called me asking what the hell did I say to him, seems like he went to the bedroom alone since we talked.

Lol

All the best in the Final Jotenko, the better team won last night :(

If we go to the final we'll be hammered. I don't even become happy with this.

You really are a joyless c***, enjoy it while you can man.

After the match I received a call from like 4 or 5 lads, thrilled and inviting me to go to Lisbon's downtown to celebrate.

Very calmly I explained to them why we were going to lose in the Final and how we had no chance. And I remembered them all of our lost finals and how we used to believe back then also before we played them.

5 minutes ago the girlfriend from one of them called me asking what the hell did I say to him, seems like he went to the bedroom alone since we talked.

Lol

All the best in the Final Jotenko, the better team won last night :(

Thanks, but we are going to lose, for sure. And we'll always will as long we are a Republic.

Good piece of Portuguese history about the Aljubarrota Battle of 1383. One of the greatest battles of Medieval Europe.

On the Portuguese side (helped by the English) we had about 6600 men:

4000 foot soldiers

1700 lances

800 crossbowmen

100 English longbowmen

On the Spanish side (helped by the French) side they had about 31000 men:

15000 foot soldiers

6000 lances

8000 crossbowmen

2000 French heavy knights

15 mortars

I like how the French sent "2000 heavy knights" and you sent "100 longbowmen". I guess you found that was more than enough? Well, Portugal won that battle, so I guess you were right.

Couple of journo's reckon France are unchanged.

Shouldn't Kante be back for them? Madness.

Football365 did a nice piece on the pros and cons of choosing Kante in a 4-3-3 or Sissoko in a 4-2-3-1 this morning.

The main gist of it was to suggest that playing Sissoko frees Pogba to influence things.

Here

http://www.football365.com/news/boring-moussa-sissoko-is-frances-james-milner

Boateng, Hector, Özil, Kroos

Pogba, Payet, Griezmann

Who to captain (fantasy football)?

Currently on Griezmann but I'm tempted by a German defender. Can't see there being many goals and I'm remembering France struggling to score against Switzerland and even Albania to an extent (now I've said that it'll be like 3-3).

France are going to win IMO.

I'll be disappointed if Frances wide players don't exploit Germany's fullbacks and the lack of a proper CF is a big blow because it will give Muller less space.

There is the trump card of Frances CBs are meh but based on the lineups i favour France. Germany will need massive games from Ozil and Kroos to win the game IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12018/10493741/wales-to-celebrate-euro-2016-campaign-with-open-top-bus-parade

Wales to celebrate Euro 2016 campaign with open-top bus parade

Is this real?

They got to a semi final having not qualified for a tournament in 50 years or something. Would be surprised if they weren't having a parade

You're not surprised that they are celebrating not winning anything via an open-top bus? Okay, man. :lol:

Surprised Palace didn't do the same after losing the FA Cup final. Hey, at least they actually made it to the end.

France are going to win IMO.

I'll be disappointed if Frances wide players don't exploit Germany's fullbacks and the lack of a proper CF is a big blow because it will give Muller less space.

There is the trump card of Frances CBs are meh but based on the lineups i favour France. Germany will need massive games from Ozil and Kroos to win the game IMO.

Had expected Germany to win but had forgotten about all the players they were missing, France's team is better on paper probably

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12018/10493741/wales-to-celebrate-euro-2016-campaign-with-open-top-bus-parade

Wales to celebrate Euro 2016 campaign with open-top bus parade

Is this real?

They got to a semi final having not qualified for a tournament in 50 years or something. Would be surprised if they weren't having a parade

You're not surprised that they are celebrating not winning anything via an open-top bus? Okay, man. [emoji38]

Surprised Palace didn't do the same after losing the FA Cup final. Hey, at least they actually made it to the end.

I'd be surprised if they weren't having an open to bus parade tbh. Bet Iceland are having one too