Grant Hanley

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

35.% think he looks like a normal human being. Careful chaps, our homo sapiens species memory tells us that they're tricky bar-stewards these neanderthals. Played dead/pretended to be extinct eons ago, but look; look closely. Wide mid-face, huge beak for warming cold air, robust mandible, fat heed... They've obviously just been hiding out in sweaty-sock-land. It's good news by the way, legend has it they're ideal as a centre half!

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article6579900.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS73805228.jpg

http://humanorigins.si.edu/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/images/square/neanderthalensis_JG_Recon_Head_CC_3qtr_lt_sq.jpg?itok=EgaWz9y-

Do we have a sexy players thread?

We really should.

I used to do a top 5 best looking NUFC players every year after the summer transfer window closed but after a few years received death threats so I stopped.

:lol:

Do we have a sexy players thread?

We really should.

I used to do a top 5 best looking NUFC players every year after the summer transfer window closed but after a few years received death threats so I stopped.

:spit:

If Danny Simpson hasn't caused a tingle in your jeans once upon a time then there's something wrong with you.

Yeah but mainly because I was scared the lad wouldn't see the advertising boards coming and might hurt himself backing into and falling over them.

If Danny Simpson hasn't caused a tingle in your jeans once upon a time then there's something wrong with you.

Yeah but mainly because I was scared the lad wouldn't see the advertising boards coming and might hurt himself backing into and falling over them.

Steven Taylor school of defending at its very best.

Won't believe it until the camera pans from his belly to his face and he grunts the words "ooh, ooh, ooh, ah, ah, OOOOOHHHHH"

(which is neanderthal for "I'm Grant Hanley and I'm a Newcastle United player")

Maldini is a god amongst men

Surely the best defender of the last 25-30 years? Have you seen the footage of him when he was younger? He could have easily been a brilliant winger if he hadn't been a defender.

Best left back ever. I think he even ended up playing in central defence for Italy in his later years he was that good.

Maldini is a god amongst men

Surely the best defender of the last 25-30 years? Have you seen the footage of him when he was younger? He could have easily been a brilliant winger if he hadn't been a defender.

Best left back ever. I think he even ended up playing in central defence for Italy in his later years he was that good.

Never won a World Cup. Roberto Carlos > Maldini ;)

Won't believe it until the camera pans from his belly to his face and he grunts the words "ooh, ooh, ooh, ah, ah, OOOOOHHHHH"

(which is neanderthal for "I'm Grant Hanley and I'm a Newcastle United player")

:lol:

He's at the ground now with his agent just reviewing the small print on the contract.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_02/gorilla240307_468x624.jpg

Newcastle United have completed the signing of defender Grant Hanley from Blackburn Rovers.

The 24-year-old Scotland international has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at St. James' Park and arrives for an undisclosed fee.

Hanley came through the ranks at Blackburn before being handed his debut at the age of 18 in a Premier League fixture at Aston Villa in May 2010.

The centre-back remained at Ewood Park following Rovers' relegation from the top flight and was appointed captain in January 2014.

In six years at the Lancashire club he made 201 appearances in all competitions, scoring nine goals.

"I'm over the moon and delighted to be here," said Hanley.

"It is a fantastic opportunity to come and play at such a big club and one that I couldn't turn down.

"It is an exciting step in my career but it doesn't stop there. This is just the start and I am looking forward to helping Newcastle get back into the Premier League."

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez added: "I am very pleased to bring Grant Hanley to our project to add his hard work and potential to our squad.

"It was clear that we needed another central defender and we were seeking someone with good experience in the Championship.

"Grant is a young player with a lot of ambition to improve and keep growing with us. He is also a strong defender, fast and with personality, a player that surely will increase competitiveness in his position."