Doncaster Rovers 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/07/16 FT

Surely Dogback can't be starting all season for us. Seriously need a creative midfielder who can score goals too. I fear this season won't be as easy as last time we were in the championship. We had colocinni playing with a cigar every game then barely conceding a goal. Don't seem to have a Nolan or Carroll either who are far too good for the league

In a league where we'll be expected to attack in every game, and almost every team will be trying to keep us out, a nothing midfielder like Colback chasing the ball like a lost puppy (and equally as effective in possession as the puppy) will be a complete liability.

Second half seemed a lot better!

Because you added a bit pace into the team - if Colback and Shelvey are going to be the midfield pairing then I would have major concerns.

Kind of get what you're saying but from February onwards in 09/10 we used Guthrie and Nolan as a two (I think...). Certain games will require certain players, but even them two should piss it. Still can't stand the little freak though.

Because you added a bit pace into the team - if Colback and Shelvey are going to be the midfield pairing then I would have major concerns.

I didn't!

colback, at least I think it was him, looked shit.

This will not come as a surprise to the majority of us like.

I kind of thought he may be a baller at this level, but no.

I suppose shit is shit wherever it gets plopped.

It's a pre-season game that we didn't lose. Let's not get carried away about his team selection or individual players. The one's who have already left were well expected to, he's yet to show his hand in terms of who he doesn't think is good enough for the squad.

In fact, he probably hasn't made his mind up yet.

Expect movement. Gini, Janmaat and Sissoko will be off. No doubt about, but reckon there'll be one or two surprise departures. I'm hoping it's Colback and Shelvey.

Guest ElCid

I didn't!

:crazy2: :crazy2:

Guest chopey

It was a friendly for fucks sake giving players a run out and seeing who can fit into the team at this rate some people on here will have him out by the end of September.

thing is, why don't the Stewarts run after him- hes just like a fan on the pitch ffs.

thing is, why don't the Stewarts run after him- hes just like a fan on the pitch ffs.

:lol: finding this far too funny.

It was a friendly for fucks sake giving players a run out and seeing who can fit into the team at this rate some people on here will have him out by the end of September.

If he doesn't buck up his ideas, I think we'll all agree that September may be too late.

#promotion

What was the atmosphere like for those who went tonight?

Couple of my mates told me it was a bit shitty, few of our lot sitting down and stuff - guess thats as it was pay on the gate so got a few not used to the away game lark like. Any truth to it?

2252 is a cracking turn out mind, hopefully lots of support for Rafa? Few boos for Gini apparently?

“Normally you say you have two halves, and in this game it was very clear.

“In the first half we didn’t play at the level I was expecting, and we made two mistakes and conceded two goals.

“That gave them some hope that they could get a result. In the second half, we started playing like we wanted to play, passing the ball a little bit better and running behind defenders.

“It was a big difference.

“We had a lot of chances and their keeper was making some great saves.”

“It was a massive mistake for both goals. The good thing is that we can analyse these things now and try to find the reason why, and then the solutions.

“It is a friendly, but the feeling from the second half was much better and that is what we have to do.

“The first half is something that we have to improve for sure.”