Newcastle 3-2 Vitesse Arnhem FT

Magpie

Guest Howaythetoon

Loads of bairns there today in wongaless tops, all excited to watch their beloved Championship club...

We have the most stupidest yet most fucking unbelievable in a good way set of fans in the game!

Guest Howaythetoon

Lots of happy people today mind, it's actually quite surreal given we are demoted team. Rafa is hugely popular and up there with KK in terms of fans trusting him it would seem.

Lots of happy people today mind, it's actually quite surreal given we are demoted team. Rafa is hugely popular and up there with KK in terms of fans trusting him it would seem.

The last relegation was quite an eye opener for me really, for fans there are much more important things than what division your team happens to be in. Proving it again now.

Shame those highlights miss out possibly some of the nicest football I've seen us play.

Basically pinging it around out of defence, constantly looking for a forward but quick ball resulting in a one on one for Perez. Must have been a 30 pass move or so.

It was sublime.

Aye, and the second time I've seen unmarked players wide open in these friendlies.

Slightly worrying when you add that Janmaat was apparently asking the bench who was supposed to be marking who after Vitesse's subs.

Shame those highlights miss out possibly some of the nicest football I've seen us play.

Basically pinging it around out of defence, constantly looking for a forward but quick ball resulting in a one on one for Perez. Must have been a 30 pass move or so.

It was sublime.

Aye that went down a treat in the Gallowgate.

Something I noticed was that we played a high pressing game, even pressurising the keeper. It was mostly Gayle doing it, but a couple of others also did. I hope it wasn't just Gayle doing it on his own and others taking his but I hope it was instructed and continues into the season.

Aye, and the second time I've seen unmarked players wide open in these friendlies.

Slightly worrying when you add that Janmaat was apparently asking the bench who was supposed to be marking who after Vitesse's subs.

A tough thing to account for in friendlies though when there are so many changes made and probably a few players coming on who've barely played for them before etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it won't be a problem during the season as we'll have done our homework on the opposition more than we will for friendlies.

Janmaat's header for their second goal  :fool:

I know i'll head this....hmmmm let me think....i know my own penalty spot. You're a defender you lovely hairded fuckwit.

The guy seemed disinterested all game.

Zonal marking an all, it was how Liverpool under Rafa were vunerable at set pieces.

Not a fan of zonal me, zonal marking is too static and opposition players a have a run on you. Much prefer a bit of both, Shearer used to stand on the edge of the 6 yard box and head away bucket loads of corners.

Janmaat's header for their second goal  :fool:

I know i'll head this....hmmmm let me think....i know my own penalty spot. You're a defender you lovely hairded fuckwit.

The guy seemed disinterested all game.

All i know is, he's a poor defender, he simply doesn't sniff danger and plays like a attacking wing back than a defensive right back. In todays game i know you have to do both but he's so poor on the part he should be best at.

It actually was shown to work better than man marking iirc just that it got highlighted whenever Liverpool conceded from a set piece.

Not for me,  you can pick out certain times when either are better, any said game will show one to be better than another. Call me old school but if marking a player is my job, that's my job, zonal is much more vunerable imo.

Although man to man is too if your players are not good either to be fair, hence why you buy better ones. I think a mix of man to man and zonal is far better and i think Rafa did a bit of that last season.

I don't think zonal marking necessarily means you stand still and let the defenders get the run on you. If you have a space to defend you can still attack the ball when it comes in. If anything man marking is more likely to get caught out because the players don't know where the ball is.

Either one can work I guess, if done well. At the end of the day not many goals are scored from corners.

Spectacularly bad defending for their first.

I just can't get my head around this one. Apart from the guy on the post, there's three of our players without a man to mark just hanging around. That right hand side of the goal area is so open and the flick on was perfect to exploit it.

I'm sure Rafa has torn them a new one over it. :lol: