Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

• 2 weeks later...

He's been surprisingly good so far.

Very dodgy CB when at Villa who was too prone to stupid errors like conceding a silly free kick, penalty or scoring an OG. Rafa looks to have helped him eliminate the sloppy mistakes from his game and he's looking a much better defender for it. Long may his great form continue.

Is it a case of him finding his level though? That's the question.

Generally if you're consistently very good, you'd argue that you're above the level that you're playing at.

His only experience in the PL was with a terrible Villa side with terrible managers, if you play in teams like that especially as a defender, you'll frequently make mistakes that result in goals/chances because you are under pressure 90% more than any other defender.

I have absolutely no doubt that Rafa will be a factor in him improving as a player, It's just on here sometimes people, myself included forget we're playing a much lower level than premier league level.

Lets not forget Williamson looked a class above in this league and was subsequently very poor for us in the Premier league.

I have absolutely no doubt that Rafa will be a factor in him improving as a player, It's just on here sometimes people, myself included forget we're playing a much lower level than premier league level.

Lets not forget Williamson looked a class above in this league and was subsequently very poor for us in the Premier league.

I'm pretty sure nobody does, like.

Williamson was fine in the Championship, not a class above at all.

I'm pretty sure nobody does, like.

Williamson was fine in the Championship, not a class above at all.

Ok mate.

Solid at the back, no nonsense and enjoys running out of defence. Great to see and he is only ever going to improve working under Rafa.

No reason he cannot be a regular in the PL when (if) we get promoted.