Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

You said Mascherano's your idea of what a good CB should be. Of course you're gonna be averse to that type of defender. I think you need a balance, ergo someone like Mbemba needs a dominant partner. Hopefully than can be Lascelles but Hanley isn't as bad as you've made out.

Bitch and Butch.

Hanley's an average CB. Good enough for this league, not really good enough for long-term. Ian doesn't like him because he fits the bruiser-type he loves to hate for some odd reason.

:lol: You can't make a post without slagging someone off. You must dress in drag at weekends...

:lol: WTF?! Two plus any other number equals sixty four.

Isn't Hanley a highly rated Championship player?! Feels like the general attitude towards him on here is that he's poor/can't be trusted.

Surely we're not writing a player off because of he looks like a neanderthal? :lol:

I thought Hanley did okay in the opener, it was Lascelles who dropped the clanger. He could do with an extra yard of pace by the looks of it, but defensively he looked quite solid.

Well, actually it was Dummett rugby tackling Lascelles :lol:

Isn't Hanley a highly rated Championship player?! Feels like the general attitude towards him on here is that he's poor/can't be trusted.

Surely we're not writing a player off because of he looks like a neanderthal? :lol:

I thought Hanley did okay in the opener, it was Lascelles who dropped the clanger. He could do with an extra yard of pace by the looks of it, but defensively he looked quite solid.

Well, actually it was Dummett rugby tackling Lascelles :lol:

If he was in a decent position it wouldn't have been a problem

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/benitez-tries-to-improve-me-ive-not-had-enough-of-that-x9l5zlxxx?shareToken=a46f0a4a7bbd41f531a3dfdac61ab6f7

Caulkin interview with Clark.

Mostly about Ireland but below is the NUFC part.

For Clark, it is a fresh one. At the beginning of last month, the 26-year-old left Aston Villa, his only professional club, for Newcastle United, who activated a £5 million release clause. This, on the face of it, was a lateral move, exchanging one flawed, demoted behemoth for another, although the rapture that has greeted Rafa Benítez’s decision to remain at St James’ Park means, “you would never have thought it was a club that has just been relegated,” and he was ready for something new.

Benítez is the key to Newcastle’s recalibration. “He was a massive reason why I joined,” Clark said. “That and the other players who have signed. I feel like I’m learning already. Every time you step on to the training pitch, he tries to improve you as a team and an individual. That’s something I haven’t had much of over the last few years. He picks up on everything, every little detail.”

The season started with two defeats, but four victories in succession in all competitions have restored Newcastle’s sense of rebirth. “It’s been brilliant and mad,” Clark said. “I think it’s going to take a bit of getting used to and it’ll take a while before we get into a rhythm.”

Amid the maelstrom, hope has returned and crowds have held up; Clark’s first appearance for Newcastle was a 4-1 win over Reading in front of 48,000 people. “It was spine-tingling,” he said. “It’s very different to what I’ve experienced before. I’ve played here in the past, but you don’t realise just how loud it is, how big, until you’re there, looking around, having a moment to soak it up. It’s so enormous.” Those moments are becoming a theme.

Maybe he will improve under Rafa after all.

Let's hope he and Hanley can both benefit from Rafa's coaching team, and philosophies.

Is Hanley really only 25? This could be a massive season for him, I think Lascelles, because he's captain, and Mbemba, cos he's Mbemba, will be our main Defensive pairing, but I'm sure their will be times that we switch to 3 CBs, and Mbemba will be going to ACON, or will he?

I can definitely see Hanley developing into a defender who is ready for the PL, Clark has had a crack with a lesser management team and could earn himself a second crack at it.

I find it hard to find negatives in what the club are doing under the wise guidance of Senor Benitez.

Even if they amount to nothing more than Williamson level, I still trust Rafa to get more from them than Pardew, or Carver did.

I thought there were spells against Brighton in the first half where we already started to move the ball around like Liverpool under Rafa, anyone who buys into his philosophy is going to improve as a player. I am thinking we might see a similar development of players like Yedlin and Gayle.

I thought there were spells against Brighton in the first half where we already started to move the ball around like Liverpool under Rafa, anyone who buys into his philosophy is going to improve as a player. I am thinking we might see a similar development of players like Yedlin and Gayle.

Also late in the second, I know they had a man sent off but we controlled it at a good pace and didn't succumb to the 'harder to play against 10 men' banana skin.

There was even a moment when Dummett looked like a capable footballer.

Let's hope he and Hanley can both benefit from Rafa's coaching team, and philosophies.

Is Hanley really only 25? This could be a massive season for him, I think Lascelles, because he's captain, and Mbemba, cos he's Mbemba, will be our main Defensive pairing, but I'm sure their will be times that we switch to 3 CBs, and Mbemba will be going to ACON, or will he?

I can definitely see Hanley developing into a defender who is ready for the PL, Clark has had a crack with a lesser management team and could earn himself a second crack at it.

I find it hard to find negatives in what the club are doing under the wise guidance of Senor Benitez.

Even if they amount to nothing more than Williamson level, I still trust Rafa to get more from them than Pardew, or Carver did.

Yeah, we'll be without Mbemba, Lazaar, Atsu and Diame due to ACON.

Im sorry, but :icon_puke_r:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reefatoon

He started the game

Hard to tell tbf, QPR barely got into our half of the pitch.

Pretty accurate really, as I can hardly remember hearing Anita or Dummets name either.