Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Strong, good in the air and knew when to play it safe. Based on the very little I've seen of him and Lascelles this season I reckon they should be our first choice CB pairing.

He was excellent I thought, despite being slated at every opportunity by the Villa fans. One lad behind me was absolutely desperate for him to f*** up, never did.

You should have faked a sneeze Dave and put the back of your head through his face.

There were a couple of moments during the 17-minute clapping when one could hear boos on the telly from Villa fans. Were they just booing this guy or the actual applause? Regardless, it got me shaking my fist at the telly.

Would be our idiot fans booing the Villa fans for not joining in the clap

There were a couple of moments during the 17-minute clapping when one could hear boos on the telly from Villa fans. Were they just booing this guy or the actual applause? Regardless, it got me shaking my fist at the telly.

seriously dont know why we do that.

Clark has looked very decent, good find

seriously dont know why we do that.

Clark has looked very decent, good find

I think it was because our lot had joined in with their 7 minute clap for the young kid who died and it wasn't reciporicated.

I stopped joining in with the 17th minute applause at the start of last season when The Undertakers sister asked for the fans to stop doing it.

It's all a bit scouse.

Clark played well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was in Redditch a few weeks back and spoke at length with a Villa fan who said he was a very competent CB if payed there, but had lost his way a bit under various managers. He was surprised we went in for him, but reckons at that price he's more than good enough and was actually gutted he left.

The next Andy O' Brien, tbf. I'd be happy with that.

He's a lot stronger and bigger than O'Brien. Andy wasn't a bad defender but he was a nervous type, more like Mike Williamson IMO. Clark is a big strong central defender the like of which we haven't had in ages, other than Lascelles.