Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hard to believe we still only have a 3 point gap at the top. Brighton need to piss off.

TBF its the gap to 3rd im more worried about, if given the opportunity i'd take 2nd right now.

What the hell for? We'll win this league a dozen points clear if not more.

We probably will win the league but he's right promotion is the only thing that matters.

Yep, promotion is the only thing that matters but we're going to be champions, no need to settle for anything less.

Aye but he's saying he would take promotion and second right now. Even if there is 1% chance we end up in the play offs, it's a risk we can't afford as a club.

Entering the 5th minute of injury time against Norwich we were 7 points behind them, 5 games later we are 7 ahead. Those 2 goals are proving massive just now.

Also since then Norwich have been in free fall and are conceding a lot of goals.

How can people not be a solid 10 at this point? :lol: We've played most of the teams already and we're pissing it.

I bet it's us older folks that are lower on the scale. Think we've been beaten to death over our lives following this team to take nothing for granted. If I were a betting man though, far safer bet to put money on us winning promotion rather than other bets such as Sunderland going down, Man City winning the PL or Barca winning the CL. Outside of Celtic winning the SPL, PSG winning the French title or Bayern winning in Germany , I can't think of a safer way to invest your fiver on us finishing top 2.

I think a 9s fair, it is Newcastle after all. Think Brighton will push us all the way for the title though f*** knows how that will go but we obviously have the advantage of playing them at home.

We don't

How can people not be a solid 10 at this point? :lol: We've played most of the teams already and we're pissing it.

I bet it's us older folks that are lower on the scale. Think we've been beaten to death over our lives following this team to take nothing for granted. If I were a betting man though, far safer bet to put money on us winning promotion rather than other bets such as Sunderland going down, Man City winning the PL or Barca winning the CL. Outside of Celtic winning the SPL, PSG winning the French title or Bayern winning in Germany , I can't think of a safer way to invest your fiver on us finishing top 2.

Define older please.

Also i get what happened before but this is clearly different because of Rafa, you're allowed to feel confident about this situation and ignore what happened before.

Definitely think Brighton will beat us at their place. We've been good but so have they. They've lost fewer than us too and our victory over them was only so convincing in the end because the sending off killed the game. Until then they were running us close.

There's still 31 games to go so too early to nail us on for a 10.

I think with how well we've played bar the three obvious mishaps 9 is a fair vote anything lower than 8 is dismissing our excellent form. If we can get passed the Christmas period and still be several points ahead of the chasing back I think we're nailed on to go up. But as Rafa himself would suggest there is still a long way to go and nothing's been achieved yet.

Get out of here, we controlled the game against Brighton from start to finish.

Second half was piss easy and we dominated virtually all of it but that was helped by them having ten men for the majority of it. Sure they hit the bar and all just after HT so they had their chances. I know we did as well but it was a close match until that red card in the 58th minute.

34 points from From 15 games is way better than I thought we would be at at this point (1/3 or so of the way through the season).  We are on course for North of the 100 point mark. Before a ball had been kicked I thought around November/December  we would satrt to show what we are made of, with our depth in the squad, smaller teams would start to fall away as the schedule started to take bite. A good couple of months now and we'll be standing good, it's already going to be tough for at least two teams to catch us and a shocking run of form, akin to McClaren's Derby for us not to at very least make the playoffs now.

It has to be 10, the only thing I'm not a 10 on is us being champions, I think there has to be that distinction there. It would take a calamitous run of form a la Pardew to fail to be promoted now, with another team having a very good run of form also. I have no doubt that come May we will be champions and I'll bet my house that we'll be automatically promoted.

"Brighton are definitely going to beat us" :lol: :lol:

Dear me man. Get a grip

What's wrong with having an opinion that they will exactly? It's not like they're a bad team. And we're also good but hardly invincible, we have already suffered three bad defeats this season. It's not a game I'd like us to lose but I can see it being one of the blips on the road to the title this season that's all.

Anyway it's too early to be arguing over a game that's not until Janaury anyway so lt's wait until then and see what happens. It will be interesting.

Also I'll not be told to get a grip by a man who said he'd sell Sissoko for less than 5 million 'just to be rid of him' :lol: