Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is coming from Twitter, but the Chronicle linked it so i'm assuming it's legit (:yao:), but apparently no other team in any professional league in Europe has as many away league wins as us.

Still think we should have went for Neil Warnock, proper football man and all that.

Be interesting to see if this is the start of the Brighton wobble.

Same thing happened last season after storming it early on... started losing key players, and they ended up in the play-offs, and the rest is history.

Be interesting to see if this is the start of the Brighton wobble.

Same thing happened last season after storming it early on... started losing key players, and they ended up in the play-offs, and the rest is history.

Seem to recall Forest doing a similar thing in 09/10, remember them pushing us really hard then dropping away, finally finishing third & getting knocked out in the play off semi's?

On top of the Connor Goldson issue they must be well short at CB now. Can see them struggling with the way Huddersfield are playing.

They've got some young german kid who's supposed to be very good to deputise apparently.

This is coming from Twitter, but the Chronicle linked it so i'm assuming it's legit (:yao:), but apparently no other team in any professional league in Europe has as many away league wins as us.

Considering this division plays far more matches than most other leagues in Europe, it would be of no surprise.

Case in point:

http://i.imgur.com/4o2oHP0.png

Huddersfield were two points behind us with a game in hand at half time in the Bristol game. :lol:

Yeah remember thinking that. The late turnaround at home to Norwich also really changed things. Shows how pivotal certain games can be in a season.

Huddersfield were two points behind us with a game in hand at half time in the Bristol game. :lol:

Yeah remember thinking that. The late turnaround at home to Norwich also really changed things. Shows how pivotal certain games can be in a season.

The question now is whether Brighton will do a Norwich now or not............

I commented at the time that there would be quite an adverse mental impact on Brighton after losing.

It was their biggest game in a long time. They genuinely expected to win it. Statistically everything favoured them once they were leading and it was late in the game when things turned. It took more out of them than just a defeat.

Chris Hughton has his work cut out right now.

They'd definitely be my pick from the playoff positions. :thup:

Wednesday

Leeds

Huddersfield

Reading

In that order imo, Wednesday ahead by a far distance mind, the other three are rather interchangeable, don't really want any of them up tbh.

I commented at the time that there would be quite an adverse mental impact on Brighton after losing.

It was their biggest game in a long time. They genuinely expected to win it. Statistically everything favoured them once they were leading and it was late in the game when things turned. It took more out of them than just a defeat.

As you say, it's not just the loss it's the nature of the defeat. Last minute, no opportunity for a fightback, all very debillitating imho.

I hope Brighton win every game from now until the end of the season if it keeps Huddersfield in 3rd. The Premier League has too many tinpot clubs based in awful Rugby wastelands as it is.

I've lived on/near the south coast for 11 years and really don't want to see Brighton come up tbqh. Mickey Mouse club, Mickey Mouse fans who's only redeemable feature is Chrissy Hughton.

I said the same, I think whichever team lost could have felt the impact. As it is I think the last couple of wins will see us flying through now. I think Brighton are the better team, but Huddersfield look like they've got a bit more determination about them as a squad. Hopefully they've had their purple patch and will start sinking down the table now we've popped their balloon.

They'd definitely be my pick from the playoff positions. :thup:

Wednesday

Leeds

Huddersfield

Reading

In that order imo, Wednesday ahead by a far distance mind, the other three are rather interchangeable, don't really want any of them up tbh.

Would be nice to see a few more northern clubs go up, that's why I would favour Sheff Wed, Hudders or Leeds. We are going to probably lose 3 northern clubs in relegation if the bottom three stay as they are in Hull, Boro and the Mackems.

I'd like to see Huddersfield go up if we do because I think they would struggle. One less team to worry about.

Yep, and would trade-off feeling sorry for Chris Hughton, and general sense of injustice, for chance to sign Knockaert should Brighton miss out again.