Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More along the lines of if we draw against Wigan and Burton at home (for example) then relying on Huddersfield to not take advantage seems too optimistic.

Likewise not taking advantage of them dropping points when we had Bristol City and Birmingham to play.

There's no doubt; we've been average/below average - with the occasional good half - since Boxing Day. But we're still top and always pick up the wins when we really need them. Meanwhile our nearest rivals keep dropping points as well. I just can't see it all going wrong from here, especially with Gayle approaching full fitness.

Club could have bought their way out of trouble, manager could have managed his way out of trouble. Neither has happened.

Most teams in the division would like to be in our 'trouble'.

Into the final straight and time is fast running out for Huddersfield. We will get there.

Probably. But if we don't start winning games then that points gap won't seem that much at all. I'd rather not be relying on Huddersfield losing form as well.

Seems some people don't care about winning the league. For me, 2nd would be disappointing, any lower would be a disaster.

I would love to win it, finishing 2nd would be good enough.

Seems some people don't care about winning the league. For me, 2nd would be disappointing, any lower would be a disaster.

I care about winning the league, it would be a pity not to do so. But ultimately it wouldn't matter in the slightest as long as we go up. That's why performances don't matter that much. Of course sweeping teams aside and scoring shitloads of goals would be nice (note: we have actually scored shitloads of goals not that you'd know it reading on here) but it genuinely isn't the priority.

2nd might be the best thing for us. Should we go up we need huge investment in the summer; practically a brand new Xl and whatever will contribute to convincing the arseholes in charge of that, the better.

Guest neesy111

I care about winning the league, it would be a pity not to do so. But ultimately it wouldn't matter in the slightest as long as we go up. That's why performances don't matter that much. Of course sweeping teams aside and scoring shitloads of goals would be nice (note: we have actually scored shitloads of goals not that you'd know it reading on here) but it genuinely isn't the priority.

I think you carry momentum from performances though after promotion.

This thread is called the 'promotionometer'. It's asking about your confidence of being promoted, with the assumption of going up in the automatic spots. I don't think there is a fan who wouldn't want to go up as champions, but the question is relating to only promotion and people's responses are to that, not league winners. I think a few people need to keep that in mind before they start asking 'what about the title?'.

2nd might be the best thing for us. Should we go up we need huge investment in the summer; practically a brand new Xl and whatever will contribute to convincing the arseholes in charge of that, the better.

I agree with that, walking the league would be the worst thing we could do when considering next season.

That's a fair comment, but we do need a good few first team players in the summer so I'm not sure momentum will be that much of a factor. We will need to scrape out a lot of points in the Premier League, first year back in particular.

I agree with that, walking the league would be the worst thing we could do when considering next season.

Good point, no mater what, if we go up we need to spend huge amounts. Can anyone see that happening?

Guest neesy111

That's a fair comment, but we do need a good few first team players in the summer so I'm not sure momentum will be that much of a factor. We will need to scrape out a lot of points in the Premier League, first year back in particular.

That is true, I personally think we need an overhaul.  But it will be a huge issue if we don't transform the squad over the summer.

I just look at how Boro struggled over the line last season and see how it's carried on for them.

you won't give a shiny shite come August when we walk out against Man Utd(possibly) that we finished 2nd will you?

fucking hell  :lol:

Good point, no mater what, if we go up we need to spend huge amounts. Can anyone see that happening?

it has to, or we will go straight back down.

4th bottom is the aim, no higher, if you or anyone else thinks different then we deserve the tag we get.

Didnt even really think of that...agree with this

Guest neesy111

Doesn't matter what position we finish.  You don't get anything extra next season for winning the league.

Guest neesy111

Our recent form is weird.  2 wins in 6 but those wins came against our closest rivals.  It's the fact we haven't won the easier games is probably worrying people with our relative easy run in.