Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Win today and it's a 9 for promotion and 8 to win the league. Just can't bank anything on the home form and have to hope away doesn't run out, if so the pressure will become incredible at sjp and I'm unsure whether the squad have the stomach for it.

Be great to see others weaknesses come through for a change. Brightons & Huddersfield smaller and less capable squads making mistakes and picking up a few key injuries (that looks like it's changing a bit for both, but both have had a lot of luck in those two areas this season)

Win today and it's a 9 for promotion and 8 to win the league. Just can't bank anything on the home form and have to hope away doesn't run out, if so the pressure will become incredible at sjp and I'm unsure whether the squad have the stomach for it.

Be great to see others weaknesses come through for a change. Brightons & Huddersfield smaller and less capable squads making mistakes and picking up a few key injuries (that looks like it's changing a bit for both, but both have had a lot of luck in those two areas this season)

Huddersfield back Fulham at home and Derby away (Rowett in charge now), can see them slipping up there too

If both our home and away form drop off we could still get 15 points which is less than the points per game we've got so far, we'd still be on 92 points and more than likely would be promoted.  I can't see Huddersfield winning 7 and drawing 1 out of their last 9 games and that's what they'll need to do if we do get another 15 points.

If both our home and away form drop off we could still get 15 points which is less than the points per game we've got so far, we'd still be on 92 points and more than likely would be promoted.  I can't see Huddersfield winning 7 and drawing 1 out of their last 9 games and that's what they'll need to do if we do get another 15 points.

Historically, 84 points is the highest tally needed to guarantee promotion. I say that to say 92pts would probably be overkill and we could reasonably expect 88/89 to do job lest go down in history as the best 3rd placed team.

Ergo, 4 more wins from the remaining 9 should do it. The next two games on paper should be bankers you know...

Historically, 84 points is the highest tally needed to guarantee promotion. I say that to say 92pts would probably be overkill and we could reasonably expect 88/89 to do job lest go down in history as the best 3rd placed team.

Ergo, 4 more wins from the remaining 9 should do it. The next two games on paper should be bankers you know...

I didn't say that we needed 92 points, I said we could see our form dip from what it has been so far and still get that many points.  I think we're going to be OK and people need to relax.

Massive result tonight, if we win tomorrow that's a 6 point lead even if Huddersfield win their game in hand.

7 if you consider goal difference

Yeah but don't forget that they only have to win every remaining game 3-0 to stand a chance of making that up on us.

:lol: You've done well sticking with this thread, I just ignore it for a while after we lose a game.

Only 2 wins in the last 5 for Huddersfield now (2 in 6 if you include their FA Cup thumping) - they're slipping towards the end as they were always likely to.

I really hope we can pull away from the pack today.  I honestly thought we'd all but confirmed our promotion bid.  Tough league to play in, let's get the 3 today and hope Leeds does us a favour. 

Toon Toon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest firetotheworks

Nine matches left and we're six points and 34 goals ahead of third!

Anyone who still isn't a 10 is off their head!

Still chuckling at the 6s after the Fulham defeat like.

Guest neesy111

I still can't believe I thought this squad was the best in the division.  3-4 injuries exposes it comically bad.

Guest palnese

I still can't believe I thought this squad was the best in the division.  3-4 injuries exposes it comically bad.

Who's got a better squad then?