Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

gone for 1st, feels most likely at this stage as the other 2 are wobbling a bit.

Do however think all 3 of us pick up 6pts in the next 2 games. Any position changes that happen during that time will stay and determine how the season finishes.

I have an awful feeling about Leeds, I work around Leeds and speak to a lot of colleagues who are Leeds fans. They've been formidable under Gary Monk. Can see them getting into the top two at the expense of either us or Brighton based on current form.

I have an awful feeling about Leeds, I work around Leeds and speak to a lot of colleagues who are Leeds fans. They've been formidable under Gary Monk. Can see them getting into the top two at the expense of either us or Brighton based on current form.

They have Reading and Brentford up next, both away. Let's see how they get on there first; we could easily be out of sight by then if we win our two home games and they drop points (which is very possible).

15 points from their last 9 isn't that impressive. Certainly can't see them passing us, despite having to play us. We are 9 clear of them with a +22 goal difference (which might get narrowed but definitely not overturned - unless we lost to them by 5 or so at SJP), so we can basically afford to lose 3 of our games and then match them over 5 games. That's not going to happen. I still have my doubts over Huddersfield, but that's assuming they win their game in hand over those at the top. Potentially 4 behind is much closer than 9 at this stage so I'm not worried about Leeds at all. I'd be very surprised if they made up the 8 points on Brighton as well.

They could end the season strongly and pip Huddersfield to 3rd, that's not beyond them (still unlikely IMO) but the top 2 are just too out of reach for me.

Leeds have done really well. Monk is obviously a decent manager.

Wood has had a stonking season. Scored loads and always a threat.

Automatic is too tough for them. I still think 2 from us, Brighton, and Huddersfield.

Leeds have done really well. Monk is obviously a decent manager.

Wood has had a stonking season. Scored loads and always a threat.

Automatic is too tough for them. I still think 2 from us, Brighton, and Huddersfield.

That Wood looks ridiculous in this league and atm

Right now I see us as a team that looks like it will blow this lead we have, that's based on our form. Hudders and Brighton could help us out by being equally inept though. Really should have put any nerves to bed by now. Fucking 1996 really makes you a pessimistic bastard. We really should have enough of a cushion now with only 9 games left for Hudders to be pretty safe. 5 wins from our last 8 will be enough surely, that's easily doable.

Us 1. Brighton 2. and then would be fun to see the playoffs off Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheff Wed and Fulham --- obv would be tough to see Reading fall out of that group and Fulham to sneak in...

Guest neesy111

We beat Brighton and Huddersfield in recent weeks, nothing wrong with our form.

Get a grip, we're obviously going up.

Erm, they were good wins but we've struggled in other games though.  Form isn't great, but neither is Brightons or Huddersfields.

Our average points per game is 1.5 over the last six games and 1.9 over the last 10 games. Continuing that would see us at 90 to 93 points. Huddersfield's is 1.67 over six and 2.2 over 10. Even with a game in hand, that would put them at 86 to 91. It would take a pretty good collapse by us and pretty great run in by them or somebody else to see us out of the top two.

Worth noting, Hudds game in hand is GW45 - the midweek before the final day.

So if we match or better Hudds result every week until GW44, we will already be promoted before their game in hand even comes into effect.

Worth noting, Hudds game in hand is GW45 - the midweek before the final day.

So if we match or better Hudds result every week until GW44, we will already be promoted before their game in hand even comes into effect.

I didn't know that. Quite significant and it renders that game in hand potentially useless.

Guest neesy111

I know we aren't playing 'well' in the sense of performances, but it would be a monumental collapse not to go up now. Especially with the international break coming up and (hopefully) a few players getting back to full fitness. 

Ofcourse we are in a great position, just would be good for confidence of everyone to put in some performances and get our real momentum back.