Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Someone's fat fingers just locked the Other Games thread in excitement

Me. p*ssed. On train back from Birmingham.

How was the game?

Awful. We never looked like scoring really other than the mad scramble which ended up being disallowed.

Odd. Figures (who may or may not have been at the game) reckons we had loads of clear cut chances. He's a fucking liar imo.

My mate at the game said we played well.  Honestly don't know who to believe.

Guest neesy111

Us, Brighton and Huddersfield all have home games against teams in the bottom 3 or near the bottom 3 next.

No room to slip up really.

We can keep slipping up if others do.  Like this weekend.

Us, Brighton and Huddersfield all have home games against teams in the bottom 3 or near the bottom 3 next.

No room to slip up really.

Except in reality we have 2-3 games where we can slip up.

:lol: Perhaps even more given the rate at which both Brighton and Huddersfield have been slipping up lately

We can't really afford to slip up at home to the likes of Wigan when Huddersfield have a game in hand and we've tougher games coming up such as Sheffield Wednesday away and Leeds at home.

We can't really afford to slip up at home to the likes of Wigan when Huddersfield have a game in hand and we've tougher games coming up such as Sheffield Wednesday away and Leeds at home.

It would be good to win the next 2 at home, 2 weeks on the training pitch and a few days off for the players should help us.

Just said on Sky that four years ago 78 points (our current total) was enough for automatic promotion.

We're being chased hard and are top. Playing better would be very welcome but we're still very much on course.

Guest chopey

We are making hard work of it but we should be humping our next two opponents into the ground with the players we have after a two week rest

Get in. Just saw Leeds result.

Our result wasn't great but can't get too disappointed about drawing away from home. Regardless, after this set of fixtures we're a point better off than we were against both Brighton and Hudd. with increased goal difference gap with both and one less game left to have both of them take over us.

I think its perfectly acceptable to be annoyed that we didn't win today given Huddersfield and Brighton both lost. Frustrating, but gotta keep looking forward and hopefully we'll get the job done by winning matches.

We are making hard work of it but we should be humping our next two opponents into the ground with the players we have after a two week rest

We should. That is the worry. Also I remember reading a stat that we haven't won back to back home games for 4 years or something.

Just said on Sky that four years ago 78 points (our current total) was enough for automatic promotion.

We're being chased hard and are top. Playing better would be very welcome but we're still very much on course.

I think Kelly was slightly wrong.  In 2012/13 Hull went up in second with 79 points and a goal difference of plus 9.  :lol:

I think its perfectly acceptable to be annoyed that we didn't win today given Huddersfield and Brighton both lost. Frustrating, but gotta keep looking forward and hopefully we'll get the job done by winning matches.

The problem isn't really on here, it's the same reaction at home games and I do think it's hurting us.

The problem isn't really on here, it's the same reaction at home games and I do think it's hurting us.

Yeah true, again, just annoying as I don't want this to come back and bite us!

The expectancy is that we win every game and actually to a degree that is healthy. However, we needn't throw toys out the pram after today because actually we increased our lead at the top. As frustrating as we have been at times and despite having the 'best squad' and best manager and not getting the best results all the time, we're going up 100%.

Guest neesy111

We can't beat our points total from last promotion campaign now.  Can only equal it on 102 for those interested in stats.

You're averaging going fan who doesn't go to away games never saw us lose in this division last time. Think that we've lost more and drawn less, and that more of that's been at home, means fans are more unsettled.

That and the fact the football just isn't pleasing on the eye this time round.