Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Win all our home games which is feasible despite our home form and that's us up. In fact 2 more wins and a draw should do it.

don't get this jive at all like, for me the reactions of some have been perfectly reasonable given brighton and hudderfield have looked like far more cohesive and better footballing units than us, plus our home form multiplies the reaction effect

in retrospect the 2 games against them broke it for us, had we not achieved the results we did i think things might have been rather different personally

it's to our credit we got those results under pressure though, of course

don't get this jive at all like, for me the reactions of some have been perfectly reasonable given brighton and hudderfield have looked like far more cohesive and better footballing units than us, plus our home form multiplies the reaction effect

in retrospect the 2 games against them broke it for us, had we not achieved the results we did i think things might have been rather different personally

Nah. As their measly 3 GD shows, they've got incredibly lucky to be where they are.

Nah. As their measly 3 GD shows, they've got incredibly lucky to be where they are.

yeah

Guest Howaythetoon

No luck about it, they are a good team at this level and deserve to be 3rd just like we deserve to be top and Brighton 2nd. Should we be doing better? Of course given the huge disparity between the three clubs, but this is NUFC, a club that for a decade almost has been teetering on the brink, a run down club going nowhere but where we ended up last May. The reversal wasn't going to be easy. This division isn't easy despite the lack of quality.

Aye, I think people who are claiming they weren't nervous are telling porkies. I'm glad Huddersfield came off the rails because we've been struggling for form regardless of the results.

Aye, I think people who are claiming they weren't nervous are telling porkies. I'm glad Huddersfield came off the rails because we've been struggling for form regardless of the results.

:lol: don't make me quote all of my posts in this thread this season

I have never been nervous personally, i just think people make a bigger deal out of this than there needs to be most of the time. Understandable considering the emotional ties to the club and constant disappointment but there's a reason why practically everyone else outside of Newcastle fans never really expected us to not get promoted.

I have barely looked at the table more than 2 or 3 times all season long, it's honestly while not as easy as it should be ever really been in danger of not getting promotion.

I haven't felt nervous at all this season, at least not after we beat Reading at home.