Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How I'm looking at it (and i know this is obvs) is that we need 8 PTS (either us to gain or Hudds to drop). There are 11 opportunities for us to work towards it. I'll be astounded if it doesn't happen.

How I'm looking at it (and i know this is obvs) is that we need 8 PTS (either us to gain or Hudds to drop). There are 11 opportunities for us to work towards it. I'll be astounded if it doesn't happen.

11? 15 more points to be taken  18 for huddersfield ?

Presume he means 11 games remaining. 5 for us, 6 for them

He said opportunities not points. E.g. 11 games (5 for us to gain points, 6 for Huddersfield to drop points).

It'll be confirmed at Ipswich.

Agree it'll be around that game but it won't be ourselves confirming it (we win and we're confirmed up). We'll win that game and I reckon Derby will beat Huddersfield after that live on Sky and that Derby result will see us up.

For anyone who says we should have done better, I think you need to wake up to the fact that the league has strengthened. Over the last few years an increasing amount of teams get promoted and don't get involved in relegation fights. This season the 2 clubs we were relegated with have struggled and won't even make the play offs, despite both being favourites with us to come straight back up.

The league has toughened up, and I think it's only going to get tougher. Next season could I wouldn't be surprised if only 1 or even none of the relegated clubs from this season gain promotion.

For anyone who says we should have done better, I think you need to wake up to the fact that the league has strengthened. Over the last few years an increasing amount of teams get promoted and don't get involved in relegation fights. This season the 2 club we were relegated with have struggled and won't even make the play offs, despite both being favourites with us to come straight back up.

The league has toughened up, and I think it's only going to get tougher. Next season could I wouldn't be surprised if only 1 or even none of the relegated clubs from this season gain promotion.

Generally happy but it was a mistake not to strengthen in January but that goes with the Ashley territory.

I think we'd be up now if we'd signed Townshend and a midfielder.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Im dropping to a 6,

I'm worrying because we only have 5 games to go and everyone wants to finish the season on a high , Even if their team can't gain anything position wise beating Us would be a class day for them plus we are now without gayle

this season has been one hell of a slog. and then there's the play offs for the teams finishing 3-6th.

really think the football league needs to look at the size of the championship.

24 teams is just too many.

Im dropping to a 6,

I'm worrying because we only have 5 games to go and everyone wants to finish the season on a high , Even if their team can't gain anything position wise beating Us would be a class day for them plus we are now without gayle

We've pretty much been without Gayle for months and done just fine. I'll only start worrying when it gets to a couple points in it

this season has been one hell of a slog. and then there's the play offs for the teams finishing 3-6th.

really think the football league needs to look at the size of the championship.

24 teams is just too many.

They did with the 5th league, but they scrapped it because the FA wouldn't have later rounds of the FA Cup on week night.

This place will go into meltdown if Huddersfield win Friday before us and we fail , That's following Newcastle for ya

Games remaining Top 3

Newcastle                                        Brighton                                      Huddersfield

Sheffield wed (A)  (lost)          Qpr (A)    (Won)            Nott'm Forest (A) (lost)

Leeds (H)                                      Wolves (A)                                  Preston (H)

Ipswich (A)                                    Wigan (H)                                    Derby (A)

Preston (H)                                    Norwich (A)                                Fulham (H)

Wolves (A)

Cardiff (A)                                        Bristol City (H)                          Birmingham (A)

Barnsley (H)                                  Aston Villa (A)                            Cardiff (H)

Simple question is 'Do you think we will get 8 points (at least) from the last 5 games?'

If you answered 'Yes' then Huddersfield will have to win ALL of their remaining games just to tie with us on points.

Team             P to play Pts max points

1 Brighton             41 5 86 101

2 Newcastle             41 5 84 99

3 Huddersfield     40 6 74 92

4 Reading             41 5 73 88

5 Leeds             41 5 72 87

Also, the closer it gets to the end of the season the more Huddersfield will be looking towards the playoffs. That 10 point gap is psychological and I think they'll soon let 2nd go and drop a few to rest them for bigger games.

Even 4 or 5 points will be enough, it's done.

Also, the closer it gets to the end of the season the more Huddersfield will be looking towards the playoffs. That 10 point gap is psychological and I think they'll soon let 2nd go and drop a few to rest them for bigger games.

I think they're already there. They aren't the team they were a few weeks ago.

I watched some of their game against Norwich and the latter pushed them and were a little unlucky not to take the lead. Once Huddersfield scored they were canny but not so much before that.

I watched some of their game against Norwich and the latter pushed them and were a little unlucky not to take the lead. Once Huddersfield scored they were canny but not so much before that.

You're joking aren't you? Huddersfield should've been 3-0 up before they scored the first.

Whats the earliest we can be promoted?

Ipswich on Monday if we win our next two and Reading drop points and Huddersfield lose both there games over the weekend.