Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Boss! :thup:

"They need to be on their toes and they know that if they don't perform well, someone else will be there.

"So I think this positive competition is the key to keep the momentum and keep the team winning."

Guest firetotheworks

Would be very happy if the table finished like this with us and Brighton going up in 1 and 2 respectively :thup:

:thup: Us and Hughton going up would be perfect.

Didn't realise it was Brighton v Norwich on Saturday, if we beat Preston we could start building a gap.

A big "if" at the moment. 3 points on Saturday would be excellent as it's arguably our most difficult game in the run up to Xmas - well, that and Leeds away.

Did I see it right that we're now 1/7 for promotion, and 3/5 for the title? Unbelieveable that after only 14 games and only a three point gap. The bookies seem pretty confident anyway. They seem to think it's us with either Norwich or Brighton, and the other through the play-offs. Wouldn't mind that to be honest.

We'd blob the playoffs. Need to go up automatically.

If Villa are in the playoffs, they'll win it. Bruce is something of an expert in getting teams promoted through the playoffs. That's why I'm still a little concerned about their results, it would be an almighty collapse by us for them to recover the gap we already have on them but I can see us, just missing out on auto by a point or something and villa sneaking into 6th spot about 10 points behind and knocking us out of the playoffs in the semi.

If I was a betting man though, even though I'm a pessimistic bastards, I think putting a few bob on us going up automatically is one of the safest bets you could make in football right now.

Have absolutely no recollection of 92/93, obviously, but I can't bloody believe that we're in better shape than we were in 2009. I was absolutely certain we'd go up after about six games that time and I don't think my confidence ever wavered. It bodes very well indeed for this season, especially with money there to invest in January if needs be. I'll be surprised if we don't see a couple of arrivals.

With the scale of the changes, I wasn't certain there'd be daylight between us and second this early. Still a long way to go, obviously, but we're looking extremely strong.

Have absolutely no recollection of 92/93, obviously, but I can't bloody believe that we're in better shape than we were in 2009. I was absolutely certain we'd go up after about six games that time and I don't think my confidence ever wavered. Bodes very well indeed, especially with money there to invest in January if needs be. I'll be surprised if we don't see a couple of arrivals.

we were flying in 92, on the crest of a keegan wave. I loved the times , and the bloke. I honestly believe Rafas approach is more sustainable tho.

From what i remember we only had two real 'blips' in 09/10. First one was when we lost to Forest and Scunthorpe and then only just scraped past Doncaster (which was around about this time 7 years ago) and second was when we had 3 draws in a row over the Christmas and New Year period.

Derby pumping us away was pretty grim mind

What makes me feel confident is the fact that two of our defeats were our first two games. We are a different side now in every way and I'm sure that we are only going to get better as Rafa drills his instructions into the team and as people like Lazaar and Atsu start to get into the team more. If we are top at new year and quite clear at the top then I'll say 10 but now probably 8.

we were flying in 92, on the crest of a keegan wave. I loved the times , and the bloke. I honestly believe Rafas approach is more sustainable tho.

Over the weekend, I watched the season review and I had forgotten how many disappointing results we had.

At the time though, it didn't hinder the feelings of euphoria. Probably my favourite season.

Over the weekend, I watched the season review and I had forgotten how many disappointing results we had.

At the time though, it didn't hinder the feelings of euphoria. Probably my favourite season.

probs my favourite season as well, certainly the most games ive been to all bar one locked out home game ,and double figures away games. 83-4 was canny special as well keegan also, and first season i was going to loads away games with mates. Even 9-10 was the most games Ive been to any season this era. something about promotions, just love the momentum that builds.