Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddersfield have a few difficult games left I am doubtful if they can keep the form uo enough to catch us or Brighton.

Anyway all we should be focusing on is winning at least 9 more games. They should be enough.

We've got to go to Reading, Brighton and Huddersfield.

Id be more concerned playing them at home tbh.

Yep. I don't think we'll lose to any of them away. Quite confident of us winning each one, actually.

Do we still have the best away record in the country?

I would guess we do- Im more confident away- i think the pressure gets to our players at home.

We'll lose one like. Probably like Chelsea going to Man City, Liverpool and Spurs. You'd fancy them but law of statistics would suggest they'd lose at least 1 given they're all good teams at this level.

Huddersfield have a few difficult games left I am doubtful if they can keep the form uo enough to catch us or Brighton.

Anyway all we should be focusing on is winning at least 9 more games. They should be enough.

Yep. I don't think we'll lose to any of them away. Quite confident of us winning each one, actually.

I would guess we do- Im more confident away- i think the pressure gets to our players at home.

We'll lose one like. Probably like Chelsea going to Man City, Liverpool and Spurs. You'd fancy them but law of statistics would suggest they'd lose at least 1 given they're all good teams at this level.

It's not like that at all like :lol:

There is a much bigger gap in quality from us to those three teams. Reading and Huddersfield ffs.

There is a much bigger gap in quality from us to those three teams. Reading and Huddersfield ffs.

Huddersfield Town that we lost to?

We also lost to Oxford, are they Barcelona?

:lol: Well no because they aren't the same thing at all.  Huddersfield have beaten us this season and beaten two of our rivals in the last couple of weeks at home.

We're a beatter team than them but I don't think they deserve a 'Huddersfield ffs'

:lol: Well no because they aren't the same thing at all.  Huddersfield have beaten us this season and beaten two of our rivals in the last couple of weeks at home.

We're a beatter team than them but I don't think they deserve a 'Huddersfield ffs'

Huddersfield also lost to Cardiff and Wigan - so are they comparable teams?

Comparing teams based on one 90 minutes is a completely flawed argument Joey.

Our squad is undoubtably better than those teams and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. To suggest the gap in quality between us and Huddersfield is like Chelsea and Man City is ludicrious.

No they are Oxford, you said so yourself.

Our squad is undoubtably better than those teams and it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. To suggest the gap in quality between us and Huddersfield is like Chelsea and Man City is ludicrious.

Nut says that Huddersfield are a good team at this level, which they are. We know this because we lost to them earlier this season, they've beaten Leeds and Brighton (the latter which they dominated them) and that they're 4th in the league. That isn't based on 90 minutes, it's based on their results all season and their recent form against good opposition.

We are superior to them but Huddersfield shouldn't be dismissed as some cloggers which we only need to turn up to win

Nut says that Huddersfield are a good team at this level, which they are. We know this because we lost to them earlier this season, they've beaten Leeds and Brighton (the latter which they dominated them) and that they're 4th in the league. That isn't based on 90 minutes, it's based on their results all season and their recent form against good opposition.

Aye they are a good team at this level, in comparison to the dross in this league.

However, their squad is absolutely no where near the quality of ours. How many of their players would even make our bench?

The gap is more like Chelsea to someone like Stoke, rather than Man City. I know you cant handle being wrong Joey - but you are.

The argument isn't how good they are at this level - it's the comparison between them and us and Chelsea/Man City.

You don't always have to turn every debate into a personal one :lol: I'm not even suggesting our squad is worse than theirs either, in fact I've not said that at all :lol:

I'm saying you can't say their game against us is a definite away win because they're 4th in the league, have beaten us already this season and have just beaten Leeds and Brighton with impressive performances. Certainly doesn't deserve to be dismissed as 'Huddersfield ffs'

Guest neesy111

You don't always have to turn every debate into a personal one :lol: I'm not even suggesting our squad is worse than theirs either, in fact I've not said that at all :lol:

I'm saying you can't say their game against us is a definite away win because they're 4th in the league, have beaten us already this season and have just beaten Leeds and Brighton with impressive performances. Certainly doesn't deserve to be dismissed as 'Huddersfield ffs'

:thup:

:thup:

What are you blathering on about now?

Nut said it was like Chelsea and Man City - I said it wasn't. As their squad is nowhere near as comparable. Nobody said it was a definite win.

What are you blathering on about now?

Nut said it was like Chelsea and Man City - I said it wasn't. As their squad is nowhere near as comparable. Nobody said it was a definite win.

You do realise that Chelsea have a bigger gap to the likes of Spurs and Man City than we do to Huddersfield despite playing 5 games fewer? Before yesterday we'd lost exactly 25% of our leagues games - we're not some untouchable force. Provided we don't have a shocker with some of our other tough away games this month, i'd happily take a point at Hudersfield next month

Nut is just saying that it's the equivalent of the best team in the PL playing 3 tough away games against Man City, Liverpool and Spurs.  We're playing 3 of the better teams in this league away from home in succession

I don't think he's trying to claim that our squad is inferior to any of the other squads, nor is he saying our squad is comparable to Chelsea's and Huddersfield to Man City's at this level but that we might lose one game, purely because we're playing 3 games away in succession to 3 good teams

So,

Top of the table by 1pt

6pts clear of 3rd with a game in hand

Most goals scored by 11 (57 scored)

Best goal difference by 11

Most wins by 2

Only derby have conceded fewer goals (22 to our 23)

Top of the form table for last 6 games (13pts)

Only Huddersfield picked up more points in last 10 games

And this is after/during our bad patch.

17 games to go...