Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

If we win 8 more games then Huddersfield will have to win 14 out of 16 games to go ahead of us and that's assuming we lose the other 8 remaining games so 8 more wins should guarantee promotion.

Wrong.  They have to win 11.

8 wins puts us on 89 points, 11 wins puts them on 91 points.

Guest neesy111

89 points wouldn't have got us promoted last season btw.  Think we'll need to win 11, those 3 away games is the pivotal period.

89 points wouldn't have got us promoted last season btw.  Think we'll need to win 11, those 3 away games is the pivotal period.

With the strong goal difference we have this season it would have.

Can't see Huddersfield reaching 89 or any of the others. I would be stunned.

I belive winning half our remaining games would be good enough but should be going for 90 + points anyway. Let's make the 2010 squad our competition we're 5 points ahead of their season at this point so far.

Whoever wins out of the Brighton v NUFC game is all but guaranteed promotion. That'll be us.

Agree it is a pivotal game, not so confident of victory though. The 2-0 score line flattered us at SJP, imo; they had a man sent off early in second half and from memory still created more than us.

I am less confident of winning the title now than I have been, but a win against Norwich will give a big boost. Still think Huddersfield are the best team I have seen us play. Seems their results are starting to match their performances, which is a more significant worry.

Guest neesy111

Whoever wins out of the Brighton v NUFC game is all but guaranteed promotion. That'll be us.

Agree it is a pivotal game, not so confident of victory though. The 2-0 score line flattered us at SJP, imo; they had a man sent off early in second half and from memory still created more than us.

I am less confident of winning the title now than I have been, but a win against Norwich will give a big boost. Still think Huddersfield are the best team I have seen us play. Seems their results are starting to match their performances, which is a more significant worry.

We were the better team in that win, but I'm wary of us at the moment.  We aren't creating as many chances as we were earlier in the season.

We were the better team in that win, but I'm wary of us at the moment.  We aren't creating as many chances as we were earlier in the season.

We're missing our goal machine - we'll win the league by at least six points!

I think most people are jittery because they know that if we don't go up this time, that's it we're done. Rafa is gone and there will literally be no hope left for the club. There wasn't the same feeling last time we were down.

Maths is hard y'knaa

I agree maths is hard!!  Unfortunately we are only talking about arithmetic!!  Must check my adding up before posting in future so the sums police don't catch me out again!

Well it did pretty fundamentally undermine your argument ?

Maths is hard y'knaa

I agree maths is hard!!  Unfortunately we are only talking about arithmetic!!  Must check my adding up before posting in future so the sums police don't catch me out again!

Well it did pretty fundamentally undermine your argument ?

He'll not get that, man, you used words with more than two syllables.

With the strong goal difference we have this season it would have.

Can't see Huddersfield reaching 89 or any of the others. I would be stunned.

I belive winning half our remaining games would be good enough but should be going for 90 + points anyway. Let's make the 2010 squad our competition we're 5 points ahead of their season at this point so far.

I always think back and imagine we won the division at a canter, but it was probably not that dissimilar for the first half of the season, then as we started pulling clear we started beating teams more easily. I'm hoping that will happen this time around as well, once we've got some clear space between us and the chasing pack, we'll start turning on the style a bit more.

I'm jittery because this is Newcastle United we are talking about, we don't tend to do things easily.

ive took nothing for granted, watching these since 1976, however we are in prime position, we are the big fish in this league and teams are raising their game.

its a lot harder than i thought, however we are top and effectively 7 points clear of third still , i'd have taken that as this could have gone tits up really.

let's keep rolling, another hurdle approaches on Tuesday  O0 

Our away form is the huge positive for me. 11 wins and only 8 conceded is very strong form. I think our formation works better away.

Keep our shape, hit the counter attack, focus on limiting any mistakes. And tbh 2 of those games we lost away were snide as f***. Forest for all the joke decisions, and Blackburn, we created a lot of chances.

The next four away games are vital (Norwich, Brighton. Huddersfield, Reading). 7-12 points from those games and I think we are looking in great shape.