Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That stat can't be right? We were behind for 45 minutes against Fulham and 23 minutes against Huddersfield alone? ???

The tweet previous to that clarifies that he was on about away games only. :)

I think most people are jittery because they know that if we don't go up this time, that's it we're done. Rafa is gone and there will literally be no hope left for the club. There wasn't the same feeling last time we were down.

This.  I am so nervous before every game because we have to go up this year.

If not, we will lose the manager and a lot of players will have to be sold because we couldn't afford them anymore.  Plus the relegated clubs will probably be better off financially (Mackems excepted) with their £100m and those 4-5 clubs that miss out on promotion will still be competitive and will retain most of their players.

Last time round, the club was in such disarray and pre-season, pundits were predicting another relegation.

I seem to remember that Forest were hanging in there like Huddersfield this time.

Just looked at our next 7 fixtures WTF, we could be either sunk or well clear by the middle of March.

It all depends if we pick up a bit form with the return of Gayle which we probably will. Huddersfield are the only team with any chance of catching us to be honest and are on a good run but don't think they have the players to last the pace. Away from home the way we play is well suited and with Gayle back adding that pace we should be ok. Just wish Rafa wouldn't play Colback or Gouffran as imho they add nothing to the team. Diame needs to be more consistent also as he is often up and down (mainly down imho) all season. He is a far better option than Perez though for sure. Still wouldn't mind seeing Gayle and Mitrovic up front at times also especially at home as they tore Norwich apart in one of the few times they have played together. Going to be an interesting month but if we don't go up then serious questions should be asked as to why not - we have the strongest team and manager in the league.

We play better against better teams and we're awful to play against away from home. Can comfortably see us getting 5 points or more from Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading away, especially with Gayle back.

Agree

Maths is hard y'knaa

I agree maths is hard!!  Unfortunately we are only talking about arithmetic!!  Must check my adding up before posting in future so the sums police don't catch me out again!

Well it did pretty fundamentally undermine your argument ?

He'll not get that, man, you used words with more than two syllables.

So because I made a fundamental arithmetical error by not double checking my figures, my comprehension of the basics of the English language is now questionable.  I would be very interested to understand how you were able to reach such a conclusion without any evidence to support your nefarious suggestion my friend..

Just looked at our next 7 fixtures WTF, we could be either sunk or well clear by the middle of March.

Did you look at any of the other teams fixtures? There's a few up the top end with a tough run, there's no way we're going to be 'sunk' imo. Really can't see Huddersfield winning all their games tbh.

Guest neesy111

is that 65 mins behind stat really true? have we been beaten in any games and failed to score?

Away from home yes.  We've lost at Fulham and Blackburn both 1-0.

is that 65 mins behind stat really true? have we been beaten in any games and failed to score?

Away from home yes.  We've lost at Fulham and Blackburn both 1-0.

ah right got it, away from home

We play better against better teams and we're awful to play against away from home. Can comfortably see us getting 5 points or more from Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading away, especially with Gayle back.

Aye. It won't be pretty but we'll be fine.

After going on a decent run, you'd expect a degree of confidence from fans and a messageboard, but a good % of those on the below forum think they have a great chance of automatic, and it would be us not Brighton who they are most confident of catching - that will be more down to them still having to play us and our other remaining fixtures:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/103570/automatic

It will be very interesting to see how they approach their game against City on Saturday. They are a step further and playing at home unlike Leeds, ourselves and Brighton in the last round o you'd think / hope they'd play a fairly strong team and attack the game, but then again, they probably do think they have bigger fish to fry this season. Mooy, one of their better players is ineligible as he is on loan from City. It's a shame this isn't televised as it is one of the better looking games to me. A full strength team and a televised replay would be decent.

The next 4 away games are obviously really tough and we want to be winning them, but I can see Rafa setting us up very cautiously for these games with the primary objective being not to lose the game. They are 4 vitally important games but they aren't must win, so long as we can get through those games without letting all those teams make too much ground on us we'll be in a great position. We're tough to break down away from home so a couple of draws from those games would do us fine.