Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 13/8/16 @ 3:00pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Its on BBC Newcastle radio but the match will go off for people outside of the UK. Iv just bought a vpn in the hope it works but tried it on iplayer with no luck.

Paid for NUFCTV to listen to the dulcet tones of Mick Lowes. Not much choice this season.

You guys are crazy. The team is perfectly fine.

:lol: it isn't, like. Still looks incredibly mediocre.

It's still a team that should boss the Championship, have you seen the Huddersfield side? :lol:

Only thing i don't particularly like is Anita on the wing tbh, even if Richie isn't fit to start i'd still rather Perez there. The rest is completely fine though.

I think with Janmaat on that side he wants someone that is more capable of covering out wide. Ritchie as a more traditional wide man would have done so, but is apparently not fit. Can see why he opted for Anita ahead of Perez instead.

Only thing i don't particularly like is Anita on the wing tbh, even if Richie isn't fit to start i'd still rather Perez there. The rest is completely fine though.

Aye, Dummett left back too but whatever, we're clearly looking for a replacement with that Everton lad.

Rafa was always going to set us up like this, a defeat to Fulham wasn't going to change his system, I'm just glad Shelvey is in the middle and Diame has come straight in. Mbemba too is a big improvement on the ball.

2 sitting mids, ugh.

Can't understand this. One step forward, two steps back (Colback dropped, but Ritchie dropped and Shelvey included... and Anita as an attacking mid still?).

Ritchie has a knock, and isn't 100%.

2 sitting mids, ugh.

Can't understand this. One step forward, two steps back (Colback dropped, but Ritchie dropped and Shelvey included... and Anita as an attacking mid still?).

Richie hasn't been dropped, he's not fit. Picked up an injury during the week and can probably only be used from the bench.

2 sitting mids, ugh.

Richie is injured no?

Rafa is always going to play with 2 sitting midfielders though, we knew this when he signed. I'm just glad one of them can actually pass a ball forwards this time (Hayden looks fine too tbh).

If he has a knock, shouldn't be on the bench either really.

Well he had a pre-match fitness test, so maybe he wasn't fit enough to start, but enough to make an impact from the bench of needed.

2 sitting mids, ugh.

Shelvey has to play at this level. Hayden is an ideal partner for him. I think it will work very well.

Shelvey will spot Gayle's forward runs and is the only person in the team That can do so from central midfield.

Think we'll look great today.