Brendan Galloway joins new club - West Bromwich Albion

Dave

LFEE's having a mare here like :lol:

I'm just don't believe in loaning players when trying to build a team and a team spirit and sense of commitment and at the same time paying for the privilege of improving your competitors players for the future. I'm more long term with my approach but I'm fully aware this isn't the vogue anymore as players and managers alike move around with such frequency.

I'm just don't believe in loaning players when trying to build a team and a team spirit and sense of commitment and at the same time paying for the privilege of improving your competitors players for the future. I'm more long term with my approach but I'm fully aware this isn't the vogue anymore as players and managers alike move around with such frequency.

Normally i'd agree. But we desperately need a LB and have done so for ages.

What if we're midtable in January because Mbabu isn't fit and Clark/Dummett have been terrible and we've blown our best bet for promotion because our left back has been rubbish?

I'd much rather we loaned a player for one year with the intention of getting promoted than signed someone who the manager doesn't think is right, just for the sake of this argument.

I wasn't being serious earlier. I have been craving for a LB for God knows how many years. Lately most replies have been "We don't need one, Dummett will be fine in this division".

Get one in asap, Loan or not :thup:

I'd much rather we loaned a player for one year with the intention of getting promoted than signed someone who the manager doesn't think is right, just for the sake of this argument.

I'd imagine that Rafa was unable to identify or seal a LB this summer (permanently) who is capable on both ends of the pitch, so is utilizing this loan to stop-gap this year.

I wasn't being serious earlier. I have been craving for a LB for God knows how many years. Lately most replies have been "We don't need one, Dummett will be fine in this division".

You scared away Jetro!

You scared away Jetro!

You did mate, by sending him photos of you naked in black makeup and telling him lies that you were Kanji West.

What if we're midtable in January because Mbabu isn't fit and Clark/Dummett have been terrible and we've blown our best bet for promotion because our left back has been rubbish?

We'll be mid table due to no quick creative midfielders and lack of a physical forward line not because of a average LB.

You scared away Jetro!

You did mate, by sending him photos of you naked in black makeup and telling him lies that you were Kanji West.

:fwap:

I can see LFEE's issue in that if he plays really well for us and we have to wave him off at the end of the season a la Remi, it'll be a kick in the dick. But even if we bought a left back and he was awesome, chances are someone could just as easily come in and buy him off us. It's a risk free way of filling a problem area for a year and gives us a year to find a permanent replacement to the problem.

Truth is we can't rely on Haidara and Mbabu and Dummett just isn't good enough at left back. Galloway can fill that gap and Haidara and Mbabu can be rotated in when available.

In the long term we'll be royally fucked if we don't win promotion first time of asking. Do whatever it takes to get us back up.

Whether the loan system is a piece of shit or not is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if we "believe" in it. It's there, and we're in the second tier of football. It is undoubtedly a good resource for us. Certain players from the league above are available to us, players that those teams would refuse to sell, players that could be loaned to other Championship teams. We're not building on becoming a top premier league team right now, we're simply trying to put together a team that gets us promoted, ASAP.

Time to get over yow self.

Whether the loan system is a piece of s*** or not is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if we "believe" in it. It's there, and we're in the second tier of football. It is undoubtedly a good resource for us. Certain players from the league above are available to us, players that those teams would refuse to sell, players that could be loaned to other Championship teams. We're not building on becoming a top premier league team right now, we're simply trying to put together a team that gets us promoted, ASAP.

Time to get over yow self.

:thup: