Newcastle United vs Reading - 17/08/16 @ 7.45pm - No TV

tgarve

Accroding to bib thoery:

Sels

Anita Lascelles Hanley Dummett

Gouffran Tiote Shelvey  Gouffran

Gayle  Riviere

Good to see Tiote back if that's accurate, but Gouffran?  :undecided:

Not keen on Gouffran but he has to be a better option than Anita on the right Shirley?

Double Gouffran?

Haidara back in first team training now. Dummett can't afford another stinker now you'd think.

If Haidara's still here in September he'll probably be 5th choice LB.

What four left backs are we signing?

Gamez, Dummett, Mbabu, Galloway.

Haidara back in first team training now. Dummett can't afford another stinker now you'd think.

RB, shit, always injured, plays for Everton.

I think Gayle needs someone with presence next to him, in our current state. Someone to just make space and take defenders away. Was hoping Diame would do that the other day :lol: There's no excuse for starting Riviere, though.

They said on the chron that we've put the most crosses in of all championship sides so far. Yet we're 17th or so for having the ball in the oppositions final third & 19th for shots. Which suggests crossing the ball to a 5 foot 9 lad continously rather than playing it through might be the very specific issue. He should have a partner either way.

RB, shit, always injured, plays for Everton.

And all highly likely to be ahead of Haidara come September if he's still here. :lol: I meant Clark, though, not Mbabu.

I think Gayle needs someone with presence next to him, in our current state. Someone to just make space and take defenders away. Was hoping Diame would do that the other day :lol: There's no excuse for starting Riviere, though.

They said on the chron that we've put the most crosses in of all championship sides so far. Yet we're 17th or so for having the ball in the oppositions final third & 19th for shots. Which suggests crossing the ball to a 5 foot 9 lad continously rather than playing it through might be the very specific issue. He should have a partner either way.

I'm assuming that's been Benitez's angle when he's talked about players not doing what they've been practising. Probably working on them spreading play, working openings & speeding up passing in key areas, but they're doing it so slowly it just ends up with aimless, panicked punts into the box that Champ defences gobble up time after time.

I don't think there's a Riviere love in, more like an understanding that Gayle is playing 90 minutes ball watching and we need someone to make it stick, we need another dimension up top and there aren't many options right now. If Rafa thinks he's ready for a shot then why not see how it goes? Hook him off if it's not working, but it's not working as it is right now.

Three games in and already this is huge. Don't want to be 6-9 points behind our rivals even if there is 43 still to play. :lol:

Yep, for confidence it's huge too. Absolutely nightmare going into Saturday's game if we've lost the first three. Have to win.

Three games in and already this is huge. Don't want to be 6-9 points behind our rivals even if there is 43 still to play. :lol:

Yep, for confidence it's huge too. Absolutely nightmare going into Saturday's game if we've lost the first three. Have to win.

I can't help but agree, this was supposed to be our gentle introduction to the division, with a lot of easy games, next month the difficulty was to be ramped up. Coming out of August 9 or more points behind is going to make it incredibly tough for us. We may look back on this time as the best thing that could happen because perhaps it focuses the powers at the club on the need for greater recruitment. Hopefully that's the case.

He's definitely better than dummett yeah but he is just bang average and nothing better than what our rivals in this league has. Last time we had so many pluses who were too good for this league, this time as it stands I would struggle to name one.

Last season's performances from the two would not back up your claim. He had a chance to stake his claim for the LB spot early on but was awful, then got his familiar injury. IMO he's not been right since that idiot Mcmanaman did him.