Newcastle United vs Reading - 17/08/16 @ 7.45pm - No TV

tgarve

The Gouff, the Gouff, the Gouff is on fire.

Interesting to see Lascelles benched too, maybe a little kick up the backside for him.  No Colback still feels good :lol:

It feels fantastic. :lol:  Gouffran on the wing really makes me nervous though. Pleased Rafa's done something about the defence though, I like Lascelles but he's been costing us points.

It looks like Rafa is trying to make the side more balanced with what he's got. On top dropping the players who have led to conceding goals. Still think we will lose tonight, just can't see any rhythm or drive in that team. Left flank is hideous.

Left side is back to pardew era.

It's grotesque. How we expect to provide service from Dummett and Gouffran is beyond me.

I doubt we're looking to put crosses in with this strikeforce. We've got Richie and Gouffran in there to cut inside and score 100 goals from range.

Gouffran ahead of Aarons? Really?

First thought that went through my mind when I saw it too.

Time will tell if Lascelles needed an arm round the shoulder and some encouragement rather that publicly dropping the Captain. I think/hope it will make him more determined due to his own nature.

It's grotesque. How we expect to provide service from Dummett and Gouffran is beyond me.

I doubt we're looking to put crosses in with this strikeforce. We've got Richie and Gouffran in there to cut inside and score 100 goals from range.

Even so you would need full backs who can overlap, in fact it's even more important when you line up that way.

Even so you would need full backs who can overlap, in fact it's even more important when you line up that way.

well, yes. I'm not going to defend the existence of Paul Dummett, but I don't mind Gouffran. I think he deserves a chance.

Guest firetotheworks

Gouffran ahead of Aarons? Really?

While I agree on paper, in the little that I saw of the match on Saturday Aarons was really poor. He ran into the player he was taking on at least twice. But yeah, Gouffran. :anguish: