Newcastle United 4 - 1 Reading - 17/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Disco

I'd give our performance a 7.5 out of 10 to be honest. Before the penalty it was a solid 8. Much much better all round. Much more intensity.

Wow :lol:

What? Are you here?

Scored a good goal. Been in control of the game. Created another 2 good chances, plus a great overhead kick effort from Gouffran. Much faster tempo. Much better passing. Massive improvement over Saturday. Only 1 or 2 slight lapses at the back have let us down again, tbh.

Cheers.

My mate at the game says it's just as bad as Saturday.

He's fucking lying. There is much more movement, ok we eased off after our goal but their is much more movement. Reading are spooking the game by going down under every challenge and the referee is giving them the free kick every time. If we go at the tempo that we had before he goal then Reading will not stand a chance.

He's not.  Stats show we've created fuck all again.

We may have created little but the movement and passing has been much better. I've seen us produce through balls and a player 4 yards away go to ground and the referee pull up play. If it wasn't for these instances then we would have created much more, referee is giving every single appeal.

Don't see us winning this.  We're lacking momentum going forward.  Dare I say it but the runs that Sissoko and Gini made last seasonbmade us much better going forward and when Mitro was up top too,  we had a chance to hold the ball up in the final third.  None of that in the current team though.

Teams attacked us so players like that had space to run in to. Now teams will sit back against us we have nobody clever enough to unlock teams

Two own goals for Shane Duffy and Clark giving away a penalty.  Dat Irish defending,

They should give up football and invest some decent money in training cyclists.

We're a better team than you in football

Even with our huge investment? How? ?

Recruitment. f*** off Rafa you absolute fool.

How on earth he can't see we need a creative midfielder is beyond me. It's so obvious.

Or worse still he can but he's not getting backed as he was promised

Or they're working on it with two weeks left in the window ? Should have the players in i grant you, but clubs dont have to sell to us and are driving hard bargains, Knockaert a case in point.

Don't see us winning this.  We're lacking momentum going forward.  Dare I say it but the runs that Sissoko and Gini made last seasonbmade us much better going forward and when Mitro was up top too,  we had a chance to hold the ball up in the final third.  None of that in the current team though.

So you're telling me we looked much better when we had our two best players on the pitch? Don't believe it.

Teams attacked us so players like that had space to run in to. Now teams will sit back against us we have nobody clever enough to unlock teams

Stick sissoko back in and we'll be fine.

Shit recruitment is what got us in this league and shit recruitment is what is going to keep us in it at this rate

Stinks of Carr and Charnley this.

Sorry but Rafa isn't going to put up with being bought players, he'll make mistakes in the transfer market, he's not perfect but they'll be his choices.

s*** recruitment is what got us in this league and s*** recruitment is what is going to keep us in it at this rate

Sorry but Rafa isn't going to put up with being bought players, he'll make mistakes in the transfer market, he's not perfect but they'll be his choices.

Always been his weakest point, however usually he gets them playing well together. Unfortunately these are the worst players he has worked with.

s*** recruitment is what got us in this league and s*** recruitment is what is going to keep us in it at this rate

Definitely Rafa's signings, these.

I still have total faith in him as a coach but I just keep remembering his buys at Liverpool and other than Ritchie none of these so far look anything flash either

Shit recruitment is what got us in this league and shit recruitment is what is going to keep us in it at this rate

They'll be recommendations from Carr and he'll say yay or nay. Carr isn't going to do fuck all for his wage.