Newcastle United 2 - 0 Cheltenham (League Cup) - Post-match reaction from pg14

Disco

Lowes and Anderson combined to call them Northampton, Gateshead, and Charlton throughout tonight's commentary.

At the end, Lowes said 'journalists do this thing now where they say "5 things we learned from...." can you tell me one thing we learned tonight?'

Anderson: 'no'

:lol:

Lowes and Anderson combined to call them Northampton, Gateshead, and Charlton throughout tonight's commentary.

At the end, Lowes said 'journalists do this thing now where they say "5 things we learned from...." can you tell me one thing we learned tonight?'

:lol: :lol:

3 wins on the trot, doesn't matter how they're won the confidence will help us be more expensive as time goes on, I'll take that all day.

I know you meant expansive but made me chuckle, we improve and the ticket prices go up  :lol:

Damn autobahn

I think we will beat Brighton, getting better organised, quicker to close down and hopefully Diame, Perez, Gayle and Ritchie can hurt them. Shelvey and Hayden likely to start in middle.

Not so sure. Will be a more of a yard stick for the season that game.

How long since we won 3 competative games in a row?

Nov 2014, had 6 in row

18-10-2014 PL NUFC 1 – 0 Leicester 51,886 Report

26-10-2014 PL Tottenham 1 – 2 NUFC 35,650 Report

29-10-2014 LC Man City 0 – 2 NUFC 40,752 Report

01-11-2014 PL NUFC 1 – 0 Liverpool 52,166 Report

09-11-2014 PL West Brom 0 – 2 NUFC 26,476 Report

22-11-2014 PL NUFC 1 – 0 QPR 51,915 Report

Saved Pardews bacon iirc

:lol: Eh. Didn't they just say someone for Cheltenham once played for Gateshead?

Anderson definitely called them Northampton, though. Happened immediately after Lowes spent time reminding us of that monumental result last year.

I think we will beat Brighton, getting better organised, quicker to close down and hopefully Diame, Perez, Gayle and Ritchie can hurt them. Shelvey and Hayden likely to start in middle.

Looking way more solid at the back than we used to but Hayden Shelvey colback all only like been on the ball around the halfway line. We have no link from midfield to attack to probe and spray passes around in the oppositions half. Diame looks decent but seemed more effective away from home so far.

Got most the pieces in place just missing that last 2 or 3 players that we need

Not so sure. Will be a more of a yard stick for the season that game.

Yeah, I just think we are gradually feeling our way into it and starting to get to grips. Rafa not bothered by pretty football just wants wins / points and it's starting to come.

If we can just step it up a little bit we will hurt these teams.

:lol: Eh. Didn't they just say someone for Cheltenham once played for Gateshead?

Anderson definitely called them Northampton, though. Happened immediately after Lowes spent time reminding us of that monumental result last year.

He referred to him as the ex Gateshead player a few times, but called them Gateshead in the second half.

Tonight just cements the truth, Colback is shite at any level, how he has a professional footballing contract will be a mystery to the grave. Sooner he's gone the sooner we'll start to look more threatening.

Tonight just cements the truth, Colback is s**** at any level, how he has a professional footballing contract will be a mystery to the grave. Sooner he's gone the sooner we'll start to look more threatening.

Yeah any side with him and dummett in is going to struggle. Thought Rafa would of phased the likes of them out by now. Hoping there is still time for it over the next week or so

Tonight just cements the truth, Colback is shite at any level, how he has a professional footballing contract will be a mystery to the grave. Sooner he's gone the sooner we'll start to look more threatening.

Said it a million times but he can only play well if the player next to him plays well. Unfortunately our midfield hasn't functioned well for a while because of this.

We were rubbish first half but better 2nd. Shelvey was really good all night, thought Gouff played well too. Really impressed by Sterry,  looked knackered by the end which is expected after his first full professional competitive game (I think).Gamez was pretty rubbish first half but much better 2nd and Anita should have scored a header from one of his left footed crosses. Hanley was a bit crap first half but much better 2nd