Newcastle United 2 - 0 Cheltenham (League Cup) - Post-match reaction from pg14

Disco

Only going off highlights (and wider context tbf) but Perez still has some way to go to convince me. He's a young guy, so it's natural there's more of his game to develop, but the two goals don't paper over the glaring cracks in his game atm.

He's clearly got a lot of talent - as much as anyone in the squad (which isn't the accolade it once was, admittedly, but still) - but I think mentally he is still very green. Only seems to have composure when he's not under pressure from the opposition - as was the case with both goals yesterday. Having good movement to get away from opposition is a good thing to be praised, but he needs to be able to stand his ground and work his magic simultaneously too.

Ayoze scored both goals, by the way. Your friends are retards.

I know.

Also, not friends, acquaintances.

My bad. I didn't read the second line of your post.

No worries.

It's quite revealing how many of us will form an opinion of a player's performance based on how we feel about him though.

our new home kit looks fantastic by the way, just watching highlights or seeing pictures online - it's def the best designed kit we've had. Hooped socks look brilliant. Tempted to say we should always have hooped socks now.

How was Darlow from those that went? He seemed to have a fairly quiet game, handled things well?

Could have brought a book with him. Had very little to do, claimed a few crosses, punched one out early on and saved a few tame shots.

Ayoze scored both goals, by the way. Your friends are retards.

I know.

Also, not friends, acquaintances.

My bad. I didn't read the second line of your post.

No worries.

It's quite revealing how many of us will form an opinion of a player's performance based on how we feel about him though.

Yes! Not just players though, anything. :)