Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Was delighted when I seen him start. Mitro wouldn't have created that goal scoring chance, and if he did I wouldn't be confident on him finishing it.

I assume you're talking about the 3rd goal

Was delighted when I seen him start. Mitro wouldn't have created that goal scoring chance, and if he did I wouldn't be confident on him finishing it.

I was delighted just to see mitro wasn't included. But, Murphy is the man. Quite a delicate finish yesterday as well.

Even in the wreckage of a shambolic team performance, the Murphster still manages to bag a goal.  :clap:

When you watch him hes actually not a bad player. He literally made that goal all by himself.

Been saying this for ages mate, he's got that hardened swagger about him. Knows exactly where to put himself about on the pitch, he must have won every header when he came on too.

Excellent signing.

He bossed it today when he came on. Noticed too that whenever we play a long diagonal pass to him he does a quick check over his shoulder, creates a bit of space and then flicks it on perfectly for the winger/striker to run onto. Mitrovic could learn a thing or two from him instead of keeping his eyes on the defender the whole time the ball is in the air then getting outjumped for the header.

Quality finish too. Has to be him and Gayle up top for the Wigan/Burton games.

He bossed it today when he came on. Noticed too that whenever we play a long diagonal pass to him he does a quick check over his shoulder, creates a bit of space and then flicks it on perfectly for the winger/striker to run onto. Mitrovic could learn a thing or two from him instead of keeping his eyes on the defender the whole time the ball is in the air then getting outjumped for the header.

Quality finish too. Has to be him and Gayle up top for the Wigan/Burton games

Well yes, other than a panic tactic when we are behind with not long to go - there is no indication that Rafa sees it like that. A great manager for sure, but Christ is he cautious until he has no other option...

This lad has thoroughly earned his place up front....he offers more physical threat than any other striker incl Gayle and he worries opposition defences. Top marks to him for his attitude and he has no little skill either.