Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Based on the evidence against Birmingham (cup) and Rotherham he should start before Mitrovic.

Based on the evidence against Preston at home in the cup and away in the league, Mitrovic should start before Murphy.  I think we've both played our hands and in reality neither should start.

Murphy should start before Mitrovic. He's a better finisher and puts himself about a lot more as well. An added bonus is that he's less likely to get sent off.

Based on the evidence against Birmingham (cup) and Rotherham he should start before Mitrovic.

Based on the evidence against Preston at home in the cup and away in the league, Mitrovic should start before Murphy.  I think we've both played our hands and in reality neither should start.

Murphy should start before Mitrovic. He's a better finisher and puts himself about a lot more as well. An added bonus is that he's less likely to get sent off.

Murphy also knows how to head a football and get on the end of crosses.

We also need experience and a bit of intelligence in our away run against crucial opponents in this league if Gayle is out. Murphy's cameo was executed brilliantly and I'd think he'd do at minimum, similar over 90 versus Huddersfield too

The plaudits for his 15 minutes are getting a little ott for my liking. I can't say I see much difference between him or mitro at this point.

He's just more experienced and more likely to bury the kind of chances Mitro has been missing week in week out imo.

Very good and astute signing who has won us some vital points this season! We needed a squad for this division and I always thought that some of our fans' reaction to this was absolutely ridiculous given his record in this league!

Tbf, he was a very underwhelming signing and a lot of people were annoyed that it was pushing Armstrong further out the picture when this is a league he should have been given a bit of a chance in. The fact he's ex-Sunderland didn't work in his favour too.

Very happy he's proving me and a lot of others wrong, he's been a very good option for us and as much as I like Mitro, Murphy carries the better goal threat.

Tbf, he was a very underwhelming signing and a lot of people were annoyed that it was pushing Armstrong further out the picture when this is a league he should have been given a bit of a chance in. The fact he's ex-Sunderland didn't work in his favour too.

Very happy he's proving me and a lot of others wrong, he's been a very good option for us and as much as I like Mitro, Murphy carries the better goal threat.

People had written him off before he had even kicked a ball and the same goes for arguably our most consistent player this season, Clark! People need to settle down and give players a chance!

The plaudits for his 15 minutes are getting a little ott for my liking. I can't say I see much difference between him or mitro at this point.

you'll live semmy

it was said elsewhere, he's much less mobile than mitro but imo seems a much more natural striker in that he's taking up better positions in and around the goal

that's how i felt tuesday, he was just more of a presence in the right areas at the right time whereas mitro just seems a bit all over the place

He's not going to be first choice and has scored goals at this level.

People ask for a squad and complain when we get one.

This.

Is it any different to signing Lovenkrands and Harewood last time?

Did we have Rafa as manager last time?

Murphy is a target man who creates nothing for himself, if he scores two this season I'll be amazed.

:yao: