Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Respect to Murphy. Good attitude, didn't whinge on, scored some important goals (Brentford away was huge at the time) and always tried his best.

Best wishes Daryl.

This ^  :thup:

Sod accepting the first offer Reject it and see what they offer he only cost for £3m

Would too, except we need him off the books.

There are others I'd sell first, mind. Obsolete at PL level but you can say that about half the squad.

Really appreciate what he did last year, well worth the investment. Came in to ridicule, leaves with a lot of respect. Good purchase for a Championship club.

Not everyone ridiculed the signing, plenty of people saw it for what it was, a squad player with proven Championship experience for little money.

He served his purpose and was extremely professional about it. Wish him well.

A lot of people - myself included - had qualms with paying £4m for a 33 year old who wasn't going to play much and definitely wasn't going to stay if we got promoted. His Sunderland background didn't help him at the start too.

It's not often at all in this scenario that the move would work out so well for both parties, and that's not only down to Rafa and his excellent management, but the player himself and his fantastic attitude.

Guest chopey

A lot of people - myself included - had qualms with paying £4m for a 33 year old who wasn't going to play much and definitely wasn't going to stay if we got promoted. His Sunderland background didn't help him at the start too.

It's not often at all in this scenario that the move would work out so well for both parties, and that's not only down to Rafa and his excellent management, but the player himself and his fantastic attitude.

Aye, totally agree, my Makem mate say's he was quality for them but they kept playing him on the wing.

All the very best to this guy.

He has done the job he was supposed to do and has been an absolute professional about it as well like others have said.

Can still do it at championship level off the bench for sure.

If they are offering him a two-year deal that he's happy with, it would be nice for the club to let him go without trying to hang on for an extra 0.5M from somewhere else. The lad came in and did what we wanted. Good luck to him.