Would you ever consider forgiving Ashley in the future if success is brought?

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, we're talking about fans who resisted efforts to drive out Alan Pardew after losing multiple consecutive games several times and losing to Sunderland at home 3 times in a row, ditto with Ashley. Loads of us said the supportthateamman attitude would eventually see us relegated and it did. Any other set of fans would've driven a two-bit loser like Steve McClaren out long before he got the boot, same with Carver - who also nearly took us down.

Hands up who thinks c***s like Ashley, Pardew and (to a lesser extent) McClaren would've lasted even half the time at a Liverpool or Man United? Thought not. For every decent fan at SJP now there's probably 3 or 4 with not a hint of independent, objective thought between them.

agree. a lot of resistance to the sackpardew/ashleyout campaigns also.

I don't know a single fan this could have applied to.

Aye, we're talking about fans who resisted efforts to drive out Alan Pardew after losing multiple consecutive games several times and losing to Sunderland at home 3 times in a row, ditto with Ashley. Loads of us said the supportthateamman attitude would eventually see us relegated and it did. Any other set of fans would've driven a two-bit loser like Steve McClaren out long before he got the boot, same with Carver - who also nearly took us down.

Hands up who thinks c***s like Ashley, Pardew and (to a lesser extent) McClaren would've lasted even half the time at a Liverpool or Man United? Thought not. For every decent fan at SJP now there's probably 3 or 4 with not a hint of independent, objective thought between them.

Cmon man. On social media alone people were saying it was overly negative.

I'm talking about people i talk to face to face. Not one single person was opposed to that campaign.

I've not forgiven, nor forgot, but I'm quite willing to sweep it under the carpet for the time being as I'm happy with the way the club is being run by the right man. So long as he keeps his nose clean and leaves Rafa to it he'll not get any bother. It's only taken 10 years but the club is finally going in the right direction and there's no point in upsetting the apple cart.

You can't deny the damage he's done to NUFC, but if he's prepared to accept he's wrong and turn a corner (which atm looks what is happening, although with him you never know what's round the corner) then fair enough. Us winning a trophy would probably be the best thing to ever happen in my life so if we were to win something of note I could definitely forgive him.

Cheap shots as always...

More like a dose of brutal truth.....

Cheap shots as always...

Nah it's unmitigated wank. McClaren lasted less than a year, Ronaldo no doubt thinks he should have been hounded out in a matter of days, much like his beloved Chelsea did with Rafa.

Always makes me laugh when people wank themselves silly over the likes of Liverpool & Man U's fanbases. I'm eternally grateful we're nothing like them.

Think once the tv money came in he would have got shot of allerdyce and gone for some flashy foreign manager and started to spend big again. wouldnt have put it past him to beg KK to come back.

think we would have struggled a couple of years but have been better long term than under Ashely.

anyway onward and upward.

Freddy Shepherd as a PL Chairman in today's financial climate would've been suicide. :lol: He gave Souness £50m to spend.

Today's financial climate just being the strongest in English football history. You badly need to extend your reading past the Beano, like.

:lol: Exactly. There'd have been a dozen more Owens, Boumsongs and Luques - is what I'm saying. Not that I was treating this entirely hypothetical fantasy with outright seriousness. Stop being such an absolute cock.

I'm talking about people i talk to face to face. Not one single person was opposed to that campaign.

I know at least 4 season ticket holders who were against a boycott and sympathic towards Pardew.

Freddy Shephard would be good in today's game. His problem was that he backed the wrong people. But he backed them. Was also probably too trigger happy but he always went for football managers with great pedigrees. As players if not managers which does excite the fans.

If a FS type character had the money to buy the club and no more to invest in the team itself personally - I would be pretty happy.

Cheap shots as always...

Nah it's unmitigated w***. McClaren lasted less than a year, Ronaldo no doubt thinks he should have been hounded out in a matter of days, much like his beloved Chelsea did with Rafa.

Always makes me laugh when people w*** themselves silly over the likes of Liverpool & Man U's fanbases. I'm eternally grateful we're nothing like them.

McClaren needed to be fired in Jan or Feb. Perhaps even before Christmas. Heck if we had sacked him 3 games earlier when it was painfully obvious he needed to go - we would've stayed up. We held on to McClaren for too long. Way too long.

Santini lasted something like 15 games at Spurs. Warnock was sacked within 4 months of being in charge of Palace in the PL - a club that would expect to be in a relegation battle anyway.

Cheap shots as always...

Nah it's unmitigated wank. McClaren lasted less than a year, Ronaldo no doubt thinks he should have been hounded out in a matter of days, much like his beloved Chelsea did with Rafa.

Always makes me laugh when people wank themselves silly over the likes of Liverpool & Man U's fanbases. I'm eternally grateful we're nothing like them.

There's a lot to dislike about the Liverpool fanbase and the Man U fans based outside of this area are generally the worst of the worst. However, the real fans of those sides see themselves as the custodians of their club with a responsibility to do right by it and defend it when necessary. They won't stand for being antagonised by chairmen, directors, managers or players. Ever. This is partly why they'll never be too far away from success. They expect to get back something like what they put in. That's the way it should be.

As to ours: In 2007 we lost 3-1 to Rafa's Liverpool at home. Remember the (largely deserved) vitriol towards Allardyce that day? Possibly not, but I do.

Skip to the same fixture in 2013. We'd lost 3-0 to Sunderland in the preceding home game, fwiw. Liverpool (managed by Brendan Rodgers and missing Suarez) absolutely dicked us off the field, winning 6-0. Six fucking nil we lost at home. Contempt for Pardew in the stadium? Virtually none. People just sat on their hands or went home. By the time the next home game (another listless defeat) arrived his name was being sung again.

Our fanbase has obviously changed drastically under Ashley. They've been beaten, bullied and inveigled into submission. You might not see it. Honestly, I think you're probably the type that goes to games solely for what you get out of it - ie restpite from the mrs, your mum, chance to get drunk and bitch on about how crap your job is, whatever. That's your right. A true fan, for me, is a little different to that. Unfortunately at SJP in 2016 I don't think you're the exception.

Cheap shots as always...

There's a lot to dislike about the Liverpool fanbase and the Man U fans based outside of this area are generally the worst of the worst. However, the real fans of those sides see themselves as the custodians of their club with a responsibility to do right by it and defend it when necessary. They won't stand for being antagonised by chairmen, directors, managers or players. Ever. This is partly why they'll never be too far away from success. They expect to get back something like what they put in. That's the way it should be.

As to ours: In 2007 we lost 3-1 to Rafa's Liverpool at home. Remember the (largely deserved) vitriol towards Allardyce that day? Possibly not, but I do.

Skip to the same fixture in 2013. We'd lost 3-0 to Sunderland in the preceding home game, fwiw. Liverpool (managed by Brendan Rodgers and missing Suarez) absolutely dicked us off the field, winning 6-0. Six fucking nil we lost at home. Contempt for Pardew in the stadium? Virtually none. People just sat on their hands or went home. By the time the next home game (another listless defeat) arrived his name was being sung again.

Our fanbase has obviously changed drastically under Ashley. They've been beaten, bullied and inveigled into submission. You might not see it. Honestly, I think you're probably the type that goes to games solely for what you get out of it - ie restpite from the mrs, your mum, chance to get drunk and bitch on about how crap your job is, whatever. That's your right. A true fan, for me, is a little different to that. Unfortunately at SJP in 2016 I don't think you're the exception.

:thup:

The demographic of match goers changed drastically under Ashley due to his idiotic mismanagement of the club, most die hards voted with their feet and were replaced by day trippers and the ones that stayed were just happy to be out of the house. Say what you like, they have their reasons for going to the match but the resistance to mediocrity has definitely all but dissipated.

I can understand the free pass McClaren got in that he wasn't Pardew or Carver and most wanted him to do well but he should have gone sooner than he did.

Cheap shots as always...

Was largely in agreement and then read the final paragraph :lol: I was at the Allardyce games you refer to and I'm there now. Every person I go to the match with is the same, we're no 'soopafan' doylums.

If only we could all be a true fan like yourself, whose only form of protest is not attending games from 200 miles away. Partisan motherfucker.

Cheap shots as always...

Was largely in agreement and then read the final paragraph :lol: I was at the Allardyce games you refer to and I'm there now. Every person I go to the match with is the same, we're no 'soopafan' doylums.

If only we could all be a true fan like yourself, whose only form of protest is not attending games from 200 miles away. Partisan motherfucker.

:lol:

Goodness me. Could've been one of the most poignant posts of the year until the last paragraph where the rage, which had just been simmering gently under the surface, unleashed into a Trumpian force of vitriolic rhetoric :lol: