Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

17 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Even the supporters group that's been recently formed is being plagued by infighting with accusations flying around, people being thrown off the WhatsApp group etc. Fans all threw a fiver in to get it up and running and the treasurer quit shortly after and nobody knows who's looking after the money now! Just seems like a right shitshow, the entire club.

My mate is a season ticket holder there and has been for years but he's started drifting away to watch Percy Main lately (they're actually getting similar crowds to North Shields these days) and he's on about watching them next season cos he's had his fill with it all.

That turnstile that they were donated back in January is still lying in a heap outside their ground collecting rust.

I was watching one of those away days YouTube videos a little while back. He went to a team who are at about the same level as North Shields, he was able to pre-buy his match ticket and it was a digital one like we have with NUFC now, even on an iPhone.

You go to North Shields and it’s cash only, and you don’t even get so much as a raffle ticket for your ticket anymore.

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

I was watching one of those away days YouTube videos a little while back. He went to a team who are at about the same level as North Shields, he was able to pre-buy his match ticket and it was a digital one like we have with NUFC now, even on an iPhone.

You go to North Shields and it’s cash only, and you don’t even get so much as a raffle ticket for your ticket anymore.

Blue Star who play in the League below North Shields are letting people either pay cash or card tonight, or even allowing people to buy tickets online and scan your phone at the turnstile.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Blue Star who play in the League below North Shields are letting people either pay cash or card tonight, or even allowing people to buy tickets online and scan your phone at the turnstile.

Bairns get in for nowt too. U16 I think but might be worth checking the age restriction. Should be a big crowd tonight. Setting off shortly.

Posted (edited)

Second place and promoted Alnwick absolutely towsed 3-0 at Seaton Delaval by a team that didn't look a whole lot like Northern Alliance players in all honesty :shifty: always suspicious when they don't seem to know each others' names :lol:

Edited by OpenC

Sounds like there was abit bother with the locals and the Easington lot

Adam pearson getting abused by a load of mackem kids as well

Serves blue star right getting beat Inviting that little grifter there

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, jack j said:

Sounds like there was abit bother with the locals and the Easington lot

Adam pearson getting abused by a load of mackem kids as well

Serves blue star right getting beat Inviting that little grifter there

There was a group of younguns there with their easington FTM flag with safc crest on singing stand up if you hate the mags etc. Young lass running the line complained about abuse from them and the game was held up for about 15 mins. Then there was a rumour one of them had a knife and one or 2 blue star officials challenged them. Turns out it was a comb with a knife like handle. Did look like a knife at 1st glance. Seemed like something happened after the 1st goal but couldn't see from where I was. A further hold up. Easington were the better team I'm sad to say. Try again next season.

Edited by Scoreboard82

4 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

There was a group of younguns their with there easington FTM flag with safc crest on singing stand up if you hate the mags etc. Young lass running the line complained about abuse from them and the game was held up for about 15 mins. Then there was a rumour one of them had a knife and one or 2 blue star officials challenged them. Turns out it was a comb with a knife like handle. Did look like a knife at 1st glance. Seemed like something happened after the 1st goal but couldn't see from where I was. A further hold up. Easington were the better team I'm sad to say. Try again next season.

Fucking hell man. Regardless of whether it was an actual blade or not, something needs to be done about the amount of youngins seemingly carrying weapons these days. I'm not sure of the answer, but it absolutely terrifies me for the future.

Some of the stories you see & read now are just horrible. Hopefully nobody was hurt last night (sounds like not) but the fact some little prick thought it would be a good idea to take something like that to a football match absolutely baffles me. Soft little prick would fold like a deck of cards if someone got hold of him. 

18 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

There was a group of younguns their with there easington FTM flag with safc crest on singing stand up if you hate the mags etc. Young lass running the line complained about abuse from them and the game was held up for about 15 mins. Then there was a rumour one of them had a knife and one or 2 blue star officials challenged them. Turns out it was a comb with a knife like handle. Did look like a knife at 1st glance. Seemed like something happened after the 1st goal but couldn't see from where I was. A further hold up. Easington were the better team I'm sad to say. Try again next season.

An Easington fan got headbutted as well and the kid that done it got chucked out. Don't get these sort of shenanigans at Heaton Stan mind [emoji38]

44 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Our Sunday morning played Easington's Sunday morning team in the County Cup final last season - not the nicest bunch of people I've ever came across and that's putting it very lightly!

Posted (edited)

This seems the most appropriate place to post it; not sure if people are already generally aware but this summer's Berwick Charities Cup now well underway. I make no claim about the standard of the football since a lot of beer appears to be involved but plenty of players of reasonable nonleague standard playing and the ground (The Stanks) beautifully nestled into Berwick Town Walls, it's a pretty unique experience :)

Matches on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday until the end of July. Details on Facebook, they apparently kick off  seven on weekdays and half six Saturdays (also four on Saturdays if there are two games).

Presumably for a good cause although I haven't looked. Worth a look if you're in the area or fancy a day out topped off with a very different football day. I'll post some more pictures in the photo thread later but a couple here to demonstrate the feel of the place :)

IMG_20240512_065406_(2399_x_1600_pixel).thumb.jpg.3f5af9dab8ef692673bd741641ab9f57.jpg

IMG_20240512_065315_(2399_x_1600_pixel).thumb.jpg.27126e3395c6a6839441d4dfbf440f21.jpg

Edited by OpenC

58 minutes ago, OpenC said:

This seems the most appropriate place to post it; not sure if people are already generally aware but this summer's Berwick Charities Cup now well underway. I make no claim about the standard of the football since a lot of beer appears to be involved but plenty of players of reasonable nonleague standard playing and the ground (The Stanks) beautifully nestled into Berwick Town Walls, it's a pretty unique experience :)

Matches on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday until the end of July. Details on Facebook, they apparently kick off  seven on weekdays and half six Saturdays (also four on Saturdays if there are two games).

Presumably for a good cause although I haven't looked. Worth a look if you're in the area or fancy a day out topped off with a very different football day. I'll post some more pictures in the photo thread later but a couple here to demonstrate the feel of the place :)

IMG_20240512_065406_(2399_x_1600_pixel).thumb.jpg.3f5af9dab8ef692673bd741641ab9f57.jpg

IMG_20240512_065315_(2399_x_1600_pixel).thumb.jpg.27126e3395c6a6839441d4dfbf440f21.jpg

Why have I never seen this place before?  It is gorgeous!  I'm sort of pissed off that I left the NE without a visit ...

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Why have I never seen this place before?  It is gorgeous!  I'm sort of pissed off that I left the NE without a visit ...

Berwick's an odd place. It's been horribly underfunded for several decades and has become one if the poorest towns in the country when once it was among the richest - an unpolished gem of a town.