Queens Park Rangers v Newcastle United - 13/09/2016 @ 19:45

Elliottman

Just watched Derby game again, ridiculous how much of a team we actually look now with the whole team working together and smart pressing/closing down. Keeping it simple patterns most of the time as well. You can see there is more progress to be made but we look very effective and just needs a few tweaks, main thing is we are competing and acting professional at the moment and are a lot better defensively than for a long time, quite liking the back 4 even with Dummet in there. Anita bosses it at right back

Gut says to keep the CBs unchanged, and integrate one new fullback. Get Hayden back in there next to Shelvey. I'd start Murphy and Gayle and bring on Mitro as a sub. Start Mitro at home.

Whatever Rafa decides > my post anyway.

Gut says to keep the CBs unchanged, and integrate one new fullback. Get Hayden back in there next to Shelvey. I'd start Murphy and Gayle and bring on Mitro as a sub. Start Mitro at home.

Isn't it lovely to just trust the manager for a change? I genuinely don't remember the last time before Rafa I did that.

Isn't it lovely to just trust the manager for a change? I genuinely don't remember the last time before Rafa I did that.

Got to be Bobby, it's been too long.

This. I don't even feel the need to comment on team selection at all anymore. Whatever Rafa does is good for me

This. I don't even feel the need to comment on team selection at all anymore. Whatever Rafa does is good for me

I agree, except pick Colback.

In any case I expect us to be as disciplined as Saturday and look to get a goal, stay calm and intelligent and turn it up another gear when we need to.

Sounds crazy to say this but I can see a ton of Derby away performances this season where Rafa's tactics and shape will allow us play so calmly and get our goal through hard work and determination and then basically just control the flow and up the gears when needed.

I'm ok with that as long as we win tbh.

2,700 heading down too, fantastic as always.

The away support looked and sounded fantastic on the TV.

I was there on Saturday and out of all the aways I have been to I reckon that is the best support I have heard from us. Was loud and constant all the way through. Definitely a buzz back in the support again and there's no better club when we are all together like this

I'm ok with that as long as we win tbh.

If he is going to use Colback semi-regularly in rotation with Shelvey and Hayden, I hope he has a word with him about his lunges. A few times on Saturday he dived in and if he'd connected, would have given away a free kick, or possibly a penalty (at least one was edge of our box).

He just need to sit, protect and hassle the opposition... no need to be a hero, throwing himself wildly into tackles.

I know how much more organised Rafa has made us and that on paper we have the best squad in the league, but i still struggle to be optimistic when we play away from home.

Listening to this shit on radio wont make it any easier and i will probably have a high pulse for 90 minutes unless we lead by 2-3 goals. Been hurt too many times i guess :lol: