Newcastle United 2-0 Wolves (EFL Cup) - 20/9/16 post match reaction from page 13

Greg

Few photos and videos popping up showing the dickhead young kids out in full force again tonight, trying to intimidate the Wolves fans at full time.

Sometimes makes me wish theyd put the prices up for these games to stop the homework skipping pricks from coming and embarrasing themselves and everyone around them

Well that was considerably better. Very comfortable in the end. Brief thoughts:

Darlow - couple of good saves and comfortable with all crosses etc. Tough decision for Rafa as to whether to stick with him.

Yedlin - Impressed with him, both on the ball and defensively.

Lazaar - Couple of very shaky moments defensively, far too early for any conclusions though.

Colback - Actually played well, took the ball forward on a few occasions.

Ritchie - Back to textbook Ritchie. Very good.

Gouff - scores only worldies.

Murphy - some good hold up play. Not going to get in behind or owt, obviously.

Few photos and videos popping up showing the dickhead young kids out in full force again tonight, trying to intimidate the Wolves fans at full time.

Sometimes makes me wish theyd put the prices up for these games to stop the homework skipping pricks from coming and embarrasing themselves and everyone around them

Totally agree.

There was some absolute fucking slack-jawed idiots tonight mind. Some absolute weapon launched a nearly full bottle in the Leazes which crashed down near a steward next to the tunnel, christ knows what would have happened if it had hit one of the kids sitting a few yards away.

Guest firetotheworks

I was there. Typical league cup affair tbh, although the goading of the kids was just that from where I was, just kids messin' about. Nothing serious.

It sounds like a lot of others saw some pretty horrible stuff though.

Bother at the end there in the Leazes End?

What happened?

So, I didn't have a great view but at circa 85 minutes or so, several hundred Newcastle fans in the Leazes End just migrated on mass - looking to get as close as they could get to the East Stand corner (hosting the Wolves fans). Police had to step into clear the aisles - which were full of people goading our visitors. Not sure exactly what triggered it - knackers aside.

I note in the Strawberry corner the back two rows were left vacant and patrolled by stewards. Obviously to put a stop to SportsDirect vandalism.

Missed the game but it seems we were fairly comfortable at the back, other than Lazaar. Considering it was a completely new back four playing together for the first time we must have done something right. How did Hanley and Clark look as a partnership?

Missed the game but it seems we were fairly comfortable at the back, other than Lazaar. Considering it was a completely new back four playing together for the first time we must have done something right. How did Hanley and Clark look as a partnership?

I think Hanley is a good shout for a start against Villa

I think Hanley is a good shout for a start against Villa

Why not Clark as well? I like Lascelles and Mbemba, but they were both pretty poor against this same side on Saturday.

It certainly wasn't the same side, like, they made 8 changes as well.

Thanks, I'm just catching up here. Anyway fuck them, they are out of the cup and we are still in it, and higher in the championship table. We win.

Just seen the highlights.  What stands out for me is how much better our wide play seems to be under Rafa (and with Ritchie there of course).  Constantly look to be a threat from wide areas and getting some really good balls into the box.

The rebirth of the Gouff is nice too :lol: