Newcastle United 6 - 0 PNE (EFL Cup) - 25/10/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 27

BlueStar

"Could have got double figures" is a bit of a cliché but tonight we really could have.

Almost every goal we score at present is sublime.

Mitrovic for all the loony bits had an awesome match, his second goal was amazing.

Laugh if you wish but in this league we really do look like Barcelona!

Is there an alarm about to go off and this is all a dream ?

You couldn't have hit the nail on the head more perfectly.

Our passing, pressing, and general build up play is like what Barcelona do in La Liga, ok up against Premier league teams it's going to be tougher but you can only beat whats put in front of you. What I have seen in the last few weeks, and occasionally since Rafa has been here has been nothing like what Newcastle have produced since SBR and most likely even better than that.

They'll have harder games than tonight but I thought Hayden and Yedlin were excellent again tonight,  especially the latter with his non stop attacking runs and crosses. Hayden's runs into the box are really good too,  with and without the ball

Ticket got rejected at the turnstile, turns out it was double booked and someone was already in our seats. After 25 minutes pissing about at the box office they gave us tickets for the Milburn right below the executive boxes, turned out alright.

Rob Elliot was directly behind us, didn't have a go at him though cos i'm a grown man.

Ticket got rejected at the turnstile, turns out it was double booked and someone was already in our seats. After 25 minutes pissing about at the box office they gave us tickets for the Milburn right below the executive boxes, turned out alright.

Rob Elliot was directly behind us, didn't have a go at him though cos i'm a grown man.

How the fuck do double bookings happen?

This is the first full game I have been able to see here in Oz since the Fulham game at the start of the season(have been away for several weeks)and what a massive transformation Rafa has wrought on this side.

I expected it to take a few months before the team really gelled but they are now playing like a side who have been together for a few years. It isn't just the goals that make it all so noteworthy, but the general maturity of play and willingness to play for each other and provide great movement off the ball. Both Shelvey and Mitrovic look  far fitter than last season and the result is a constant threat to opposition sides.

We have had really good sides in the past and without doubt, some players(like Beardsley, Shearer, Cole, Lee etc.)who may have individually been more skilful than the current players but it is questionable whether we have ever had a more COHESIVE unit than the one Rafa is assembling.

We are NOT a great team yet, but there is certainly potential to become one in future years if things go to plan. We WILL come a cropper at some stage - all teams do - but there is a great platform for Rafa to work on. We need promotion this season above all else and if achieved, watch for some great signings by the club in summer......we especially need another skilled m/f general to cover Shelvey.

Delighted for all concerned, especially the younger fans because they will be going to work/school with a real spring in their step now...even oldies like me feel like that...!!

Long may it continue and well done to the players and the management...fantastic stuff after the last few years.

The annoying thing about some wins, like this one is that you know you should go to f***ing bed because you have to go to work early in the morning but you struggle to leave the forum reading all the reactions and feel the happiness :lol:

This. :lol:

Followed by the 41 page thread on the PNE forum :fwap:

:lol: link please!

Never mind, seen the link :thup:

Thought we passed it well tonight.

Its actually great to see Diame score 2 goals and at last take part.Im not a fan of his , we paid a lot of money and hes yet to convince me but maybe being dropped has given him the kick up the arse.....that miss  :blush:

Good night of easy football, i fear a big fish next.

"Could have got double figures" is a bit of a cliché but tonight we really could have.

Almost every goal we score at present is sublime.

Mitrovic for all the loony bits had an awesome match, his second goal was amazing.

Laugh if you wish but in this league we really do look like Barcelona!

Is there an alarm about to go off and this is all a dream ?

Barcelona  :blush:  good god

What can you say? Even Colback, Sels and Diame were good! Disciplined but creative performance and never seemed to be in any sort of trouble, even before the red card.

Shelvey could have been rested, so it was a bit shame for the awful injury for Colback.

What a difference it is to have a balanced squad, everyone who came in were fantastic. Players are progressing under world class manager, i dont think i have seen Mitro and Dummet ever playing so well.

OK this was PNE reserves, but it was joy to watch from start to finish.

:smitten:

Even the person in charge of the music is on form at the moment. Inspired choice at full-time.

Was literally just saying similar to 'she who cares less'. If not pre-planned (lucky), but prefer to think it was just a really thoughtful and timely choice. Favourite clip from the night, especiIally seeing how happy Mitro was.

It wasn't as bad as i thought but def a straight red. He knew exactly what he was doing and you can't go in like that. It could have ended even worse than it did if the hit with his arm/head was more clean. Absolute c*** of a thug and one ugly looking cretin as well.

Thought we passed it well tonight.

Its actually great to see Diame score 2 goals and at last take part.Im not a fan of his , we paid a lot of money and hes yet to convince me but maybe being dropped has given him the kick up the arse.....that miss  :blush:

Good night of easy football, i fear a big fish next.

Still thinks we paid £15 mil for Diame [emoji38]

So refreshing to see that even at 4-0 or 5-0 up, if we lost the ball, how they immediately tried and win it back.  All of them are working so hard all of the time.

Even at 6-0, as soon as Preston kicked off again we were literally straight onto them wanting the ball back. It was fantastic to see.

The elbow on Colback didn't look that bad on the highlights. Maybe there are other angles that show it better. He led with his arm but quite surprised it was a straight red.

You are kidding. It looked pretty clear to me that he was out to do him, but he was too far away from Colback to make it look anything but blatant.