Mitrovic or Gayle?

STM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As much as I like Mitro though Gayle starts, would be canny mental to drop the leagues top scorer.

What's to say that wouldn't have been Mitrovic given the same games? His record under Benitez is decent.

I mean it might have been, but it isn't. Gayle actually has scored 11 in 12, the rest is just hypothetical. I think it'd be daft to risk not bringing him back in*.

*Obviously if he's out for a couple more games and Mitrovic carries on then I'd keep things as they are like. If he's fit next game I'd start him though.

While i don't think he'll have done as well Gayle from an individual standpoint it should be mentioned he ended the PL season well under Rafa even if it was mainly from the bench and he's been a positive impact whenever he's been given game time this year.

I know you know this but just saying, at the end of the day we have two very different strikers who have been performing very well under Rafa and how i personally would approach it is picking the guy based on what midfield you pick behind them.

Whatever Rafa decides to do i'm completely happy with and both of them seem to have a great attitude regardless so it don't see either one kicking up a fuss.

Guest TheBallWinner

Keep them both rotated.

Mitrovic has to keep starting while he's scoring and then Gayle comes in when he has an iffy day to prove himself.

Gayle has been given far more time than Mitrovic so based on games its hard to judge who would be leading if they had both played similar minutes. But i knew this would happen to Mitrovic, and he has himself to blame, he gave Rafa no choice with his 4 game ban, and Gayle got the go ahead so had much more time to settle into this league.

But i dont mind either,hope to see a more frequent rotation between the pair, and Ayoze whos hit a few recently.

The main thing is nobody is throwing a strop, harmony  is good and they're  all happy to be called upon when needed, some rarely  start games Atsu,Hanley, etc  but give their all.

Pleased with how Rafa has them all focused.

Guest firetotheworks

Got to admit, the whole 'play both/442/replace Diame' stuff proper winds me up. Why bother? Rafa has always played 4231, that didn't change when he had to choose between Ronaldo and Benzema as the 1, it's not going to change when he's choosing between Dwight Gayle and Alexander Mitrovic.

Just read a story in the paper, saying how Benitez still finds Mitrovic a challenge. He was annoyed at his midweek antics complaining about the spot kick with Ritchie,who was selected to take PK duty on the night, and also for his shirt waving booking.

"They need to know that arguing to take a penalty when we have already decided on a penalty taker makes no sense."

"It would be fair to say he is a challenge" said Benitez

Threads like this belong on RTG. Same goes for the OP.

Threads like this belong on RTG.

:sadnod:

Tbf I kinda agree. Feels like a question posed by someone who doesn't appreciate the value of squad depth (not saying the OP or other contributors don't, mind). The answer, to me, is obviously Gayle btw :lol:

Got to admit, the whole 'play both/442/replace Diame' stuff proper winds me up. Why bother? Rafa has always played 4231, that didn't change when he had to choose between Ronaldo and Benzema as the 1, it's not going to change when he's choosing between Dwight Gayle and Alexander Mitrovic.

I'm sure I read thhrough the week Rafa talking about fluidity, movement and the formation not being a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1.

It'd be nice to see both but they both play up top. It would be a waste to pull Gayle back off the last defender's shoulder, and crazy to get Mitro to do any kind of extensive pressing. He picks up bookings too easily. I'll laugh as much as anyone when he pulls the defender's hair, but you're not going to get away with that for long.

Why? I'm asking who people prefer. So they've now ruined me creating a poll?

TBF, some of your views belong over there, the amount of shite you spout.

Yeah, how can a thread evaluating the two best strikers in the Newcastle United squad be deemed unsuitable for a forum about Newcastle United Football Club? :lol:

Equally unsure why Sunderland would want a thread discussion Newcastl... oh.

Yeah, how can a thread evaluating the two best strikers in the Newcastle United squad be deemed unsuitable for a forum about Newcastle United Football Club? :lol:

Equally unsure why Sunderland would want a thread discussion Newcastl... oh.

Mind you, their thread titles normally start with question marks or three dots, so I can see it from that point of view.

You've said this before but you obviously struggle with examples.

Here's one:

Basically. He's a shit Sissoko, who was also fairly shit himself.

You've said this before but you obviously struggle with examples.

Here's one:

Basically. He's a shit Sissoko, who was also fairly shit himself.

What's wrong with that like? I'm not searching your posts for ridiculous comments you have made in the past. I don't need to prove anything to you. You have been outed as a WUM gobshite many a time.

But thanks for posting and voting in a thread you don't approve of, now fuck off, ta.