Leeds United vs Newcastle United - 20/11/16 @ 13:15 - SS1

Shite club, shite fans, shite ground, shite owner. Bit embarrassing for them given where they used to be that their biggest game in about 10 year is against us who aren't even competing in the same neck of the woods of the league as them.

:lol: howeh

This is a tough game for a number of reasons - Monk has gone out on a limb to say that Norwich are a better side than us and he will be anxious for his team to prove it ; games against them are always tough and competitive, I can remember us beating them at SJP a few times in the early 70s and they were the best side in the country then ; they will also try to use this game as a springboard for a promotion push and a win for them would raise their hopes so they will be going for it in front of a full house.

A real test of our Champions' potential and if we win this, it will dishearten the other promotion chasers...if we lose it will raise all their hopes.

Guest neesy111

3-4, Dyer to send Solano through for the winner, Bobby to do a jig of delight on the touchline

One of my favourite NUFC results that :love:

Probably my favourite week of supporting NUFC that was.

Beat blackburn 2-1 at home after being 1-0 behind.

Beat Arsenal 3-1 end the london hoodoo and go top of the league.

Beat Leeds 4-3 after being 3-1 down.

Yeah I loved that Arsenal game. Think Robert sidestepped the keeper for one of the goals and got taken down for a pen. Then he went through again for the third3rd but this time finished it himself. Was a class Christmas that

The type of game we will thrive in, big crowd on TV.  We are excellent away from home 0-2

This is what I was thinking but then it's similar to the Wolves game and we lost that. No way they should get anything if we turn up fully prepared and up for it.

How is it similar to Wolves by the way? It's away from home, Wolves wasn't on telly and Wolves aren't as big a club as Leeds historically

Not sure mind, theres a strong argument Wolves are a bigger club than leeds historically.

How is it similar to Wolves by the way? It's away from home, Wolves wasn't on telly and Wolves aren't as big a club as Leeds historically

Not sure mind, theres a strong argument Wolves are a bigger club than leeds historically.

I deleted that bit as I did a bit of research and Wolves have won more league titles than Leeds (4 to Wolves, 3 to Leeds). :thup:

I deleted that bit as I did a bit of research and Wolves have won more league titles than Leeds (4 to Wolves, 3 to Leeds). :thup:

aye- in fairness to you, over the last 40 years they have fallen way behind.

How is it similar to Wolves by the way? It's away from home and Wolves wasn't on telly

Former 'big club' who have fallen on hard times - these sort always see us a personal challenge as we are still perceived as a big club. Massive in fact.

aye- in fairness to you, over the last 40 years they have fallen way behind.

Leeds have always been the bigger club in my lifetime and thats how I gauge these things.

Our record at Elland Road from .com:

2003/04 Drew 2-2 Shearer x2

2002/03 Won 0-3 Dyer x2, Shearer

2001/02 Won 3-4 Bellamy, Elliott, Shearer, Solano

2000/01 Won 1-3 Solano, Acuna, Ameobi

1999/00 Lost 3-2 Shearer x2

1998/99 Won 0-1 Solano

1997/98 Lost 4-1 Gillespie

1996/97 Won 0-1 Shearer

1995/96 Won 0-1 Gillespie

1994/95 Drew 0-0

1993/94 Drew 1-1 Cole

1998/99 Won 0-1 Solano

1996/97 Won 0-1 Shearer

1994/95 Drew 0-0

1993/94 Drew 1-1 Cole

I was at the 3 most recent games. Love Leeds away which is why im even more gutted not to be making this one.

1998/99 Won 0-1 Solano

1996/97 Won 0-1 Shearer

1994/95 Drew 0-0

1993/94 Drew 1-1 Cole

I was at the 3 most recent games. Love Leeds away which is why im even more gutted not to be making this one.

Not too shabby.

High school i went to was about 90% leeds fans, around the time they were in Champions League and stuff. They were way more arrogant and pigheaded than any of the Man Utd or Liverpool glory hunters. Will be glad to do them.