Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

Guest neesy111

I actually was very happy with our performance with 9 men.  I think we would had won without the dummett sending off, that's the decision I'm more pissed off about.

Forrest were awful, but it was pretty impressive how we nullified them despite the ease of which they could switch play and how difficult it was for us to clear our lines as every ball hit past the halfway line fell to a Forrest player. We didn't even look uncomfortable until the last 10 minutes or so when we got a bit cagey.

2nd half was basically something you'd expect to see with 11v11 Everton vs Burnley or summit.

Guest neesy111

Forrest were awful, but it was pretty impressive how we nullified them despite the ease of which they could switch play and how difficult it was for us to clear our lines as every ball hit past the halfway line fell to a Forrest player. We didn't even look uncomfortable until the last 10 minutes or so when we got a bit cagey.

2nd half was basically something you'd expect to see with 11v11 Everton vs Burnley or summit.

Yeah, look at the goals forest scored.  Very very scrappy goals against 9 men, I'd be embarrassed if I was them with how they played with 2 extra men.

I'm still very disappointed obviously, but I don't feel that rage that others do this morning. Completely understandable, obviously, because last night was a disgrace, but I've seen nothing in the last two games to make me think we're not still going to win the league. We could very easily have taken a point away from home with 9 men, ffs. Crazy how organised and dominant we are away from home.

I'll be concerned if we don't get a good result in the next one. We really just need to put this week to bed, because it's been a stinker - more than one example of us shooting ourselves in the foot, and several examples of horrendous refereeing that has influenced the game ultimately beyond recovery. But I believe in Rafa and the players, I really do.

I think if Shelvey's red was to be appealed, there's no chance it would be overturned but there is a chance it might get him off the hook for that racism charge because it looks like the FA aren't too confident of finding him guilty on that one.

So in a way, the FA still gets to fuck us over.

Guest neesy111

I think if Shelvey's red was to be appealed, there's no chance it would be overturned but there is a chance it might get him off the hook for that racism charge because it looks like the FA aren't too confident of finding him guilty on that one.

It doesn't work like that.  Both are separate incidents.

Can't wait until the reverse fixture in a few weeks time. We should make their lives hell for these b*stards and as for that Lansbury, well if he doesn't bottle it (which I think he will) I would play Colback and send him out with the intention of ending the cheating c*nts career. I'm thinking Roy Keane on Alf Inge Halaand here. Colback is collateral damage, he isn't going to be here long term, we'd still beat them without him and that would be a nice legacy to go out on. Plus that's one more cheat taken out of the game.

No chance of either being overturned.

I can see dummett's being overturned.

Referee will say in his report that he thought Dummett deliberately pushed their player over with no attempt to play the ball, FA will lap that up and keep the decision as it is.

This. FA will take the easy option and back the ref.

Guest neesy111

No chance of either being overturned.

I can see dummett's being overturned.

Referee will say in his report that he thought Dummett deliberately pushed their player over with no attempt to play the ball, FA will lap that up and keep the decision as it is.

That's stupid if that's the case.  Lansbury ensures there is contact, dummett can't do anything as he's still running while Lansbury stops still.

Still seething, can't even watch the incidents again. Has it been mentioned that a Forest players appears to back on the field from an offside position and become active for their equaliser? That was my initial thought but can't yet face to look at it again.