Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

The linesman clearly gave the decision based on the players reaction, he couldn't have seen a kick- cos there wasnt one to see.

There was a motion that could be construed that way, although it could just easily have been an attempt to shrug out of the game of twister Lansbury was trying to play. How he could have been so adamant from 25 yards away is ridiculous. I wouldn't put it past shelvey though to react in frustration but it wasn't a red.

Guest firetotheworks

No murder she wrote gags for Lansbury? - Murder he cunt. There.

I did one within a Partridge thing at half time.

The linesman clearly gave the decision based on the players reaction, he couldn't have seen a kick- cos there wasnt one to see.

In the catalogue of corrupt/idiotic decisions last night this was the one which most illustrated the officials being totally out of their depth.

The "tangle" was little more than that and will occur at some time in almost every game.

Like you say he wasn't sent off because of a "kick" he was sent off because after the tangle the linesman saw Lansbury rolling around holding his head and thought "I've missed something so better pretend I've seen it". It was totally Lansbury's acting which led to the red card - without the acting it's not even noticed.

If that in itself wasn't enough to show up the officials as basically non league standard then the award of the penalty that followed should be enough to send them back to their local Sunday leagues.

Still f***ing fuming about all the decisions that went against us, absolutely unfuckingbelieveable, everything was wrong more or less :lol:  When I saw Lansbury before kick off, even then he annoyed me a lot, and after his cunty acting I was desperate for someone tu pull his beard, and jaw off his head, God!! And the ref team...

Nottingham were absolutely f***ing s***! Even with two players more than us for 45 minutes they barely created anything at all, yet somehow got two flukey s*** goals. Absolutely robbed we were!

Just seen the 'highlights' from Sky Sports again.  :huff:

Shelvey incident - doesn't even look like a penalty foul, the after is 6 of 1, half a dozen of other... if Jonjo has kicked out, then its (probably) a red, but I cant see where the penalty decision has come from. Lansbury is already on the ground before Shelvey challenges for the ball.

2nd Penalty - Lansbury is going down already as he loses his footing trying to control the ball, and Dummett has to jump over him. The penalty is massively debatable, the red card is just ridiculous. Then the ref books Darlow for time-wasting.

The 2 goals we conceded are unfortunate, and considering we had to play a full half with 9 men, then it just shows Forest up for celebrating like that, after scraping past us.

Just a really frustrating night.

Steve Martin (the ref, not the actor  :lol: ) is now up there with Trelford, and Brian Coddington.

Lets hope he his next big game is for Brighton or Reading!!

Despite neither of those sendings off being red cards do you think we've got any chance of them being rescinded? The FA is never going to embarrass a ref like that are they?

If there was integrity in football both would be overturned.

There is no integrity in Football.

Just seen the incidents now on ssn.  I dont think i seen a kick out from shelvey and landsbury was already going over with little contact. 

Never a sending off or did i miss something?

Just seen the incidents now on ssn.  I dont think i seen a kick out from shelvey and landsbury was already going over with little contact. 

no you are right, did you see the rugby tackle on Clarke in their box, or his good goal dissallowed for about 10% of the contact in the penalty he was denied :lol:

No chance of Shelvey's being recinded imo, hope I'm wrong though. Whether right or not, or whether he meant it or not, Shelvey clearlly kicks back aggressively. We saw with Anita how adamant they are not to reverse decisions.

If Dummett is still banned after they review it then I don't even know what to say.

Shelvey rolls around holding his head decision goes the other way. That's how bad the officials were.

Shelvey rolls around holding his head decision goes the other way. That's how bad the officials were.

I need to see them again.

Shelvey did lash out. Not with any force and I don't think he actually connected. But you're going to put yourself at risk with that kind of gesture.

The second pen was technically right under the rules, but I've thought for a long time that the rules need changing. The better punishment for any foul in a goalscoring position is a pen and a yellow.

It was tough on Dummett, because he tried to slow up, and the opponent deliberately positioned himself to take the foul.

In the catalogue of corrupt/idiotic decisions last night this was the one which most illustrated the officials being totally out of their depth.

The "tangle" was little more than that and will occur at some time in almost every game.

Like you say he wasn't sent off because of a "kick" he was sent off because after the tangle the linesman saw Lansbury rolling around holding his head and thought "I've missed something so better pretend I've seen it". It was totally Lansbury's acting which led to the red card - without the acting it's not even noticed.

If that in itself wasn't enough to show up the officials as basically non league standard then the award of the penalty that followed should be enough to send them back to their local Sunday leagues.

Agree with this, the incident was next to nowt. Busybody officiating on that one.

Watched the game when I got in last night, for that many wrong decisions to go against us in such a game changing manner was a disgrace. First one wasn't a penalty, second one wasn't either but seen them given I suppose, for us to also get 2 reds was just utterly weird.

And we should have definitely had a penalty/goal given, the referee was completely biased based on which end the incident occurred at and the game needs to be looked at by the FA, not that it will be.

Shelvey did lash out. Not with any force and I don't think he actually connected. But you're going to put yourself at risk with that kind of gesture.

The second pen was technically right under the rules, but I've thought for a long time that the rules need changing. The better punishment for any foul in a goalscoring position is a pen and a yellow.

It was tough on Dummett, because he tried to slow up, and the opponent deliberately positioned himself to take the foul.

do you agree Lansbury was already on the way down before dummet touched him?

shelvey- anywhere else on the pitch and no exaggerated reaction, decent ref- no action.

what usually happens when players ruck on the floor like that, the ref hangs back, gestures to them to get up and play on, if it doesnt turn into a fight, play goes on.

No chance of Shelvey's being recinded imo, hope I'm wrong though. Whether right or not, or whether he meant it or not, Shelvey clearlly kicks back aggressively. We saw with Anita how adamant they are not to reverse decisions.

If Dummett is still banned after they review it then I don't even know what to say.

i don't that's clear at all personally, if you watch it from the other side of the pitch angle you see he hardly lashes out at all, it's barely a movement tbh