Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

I thought games like last night didnt exist anymore.

We need to be careful now, teams are closing in, its arrogant to not be concerned, we are clearly the best team in this league but little runs like this can give belief to the rest. No panic yet, but we could do with Brighton or Reading dropping points today. Keep an eye out below them as someone always comes with a run.

Shows how losing v Blackburn was a head fuck.

as others have said this was a joke really, on the shelvey thing the movement from him was so minimal that it's lansbury who buys the sending off from the ref...shelvey is a bellend but he's hardly done a fucking thing really and if that's violent conduct then :undecided:

i thought the funny thing about dummett's penalty and red was how little he appealed over the decision, in a way he might have helped the ref with the decision as he sort of looked guilty :lol:

was kind of refreshing to hear pearce and beagrie actually call those decisions as they were which is marginal at best, which all of them probably were rather than outright robbery, they just happened to all go against us (well shelvey's was a free kick on him first obviously so should never have been a pen)

I still can't get my head around last nights game.

Blatant penalty for the foul on Clark.

Very slight grappling from both players for Clarks "goal" which should have stood.

Mancienne constantly grabbing Gayles shirt by the scruff of the neck and getting away with it.

Shelvey being kicked at by Lansbury with not much in the way of retaliation that I could see yet Lansbury rolls around holding a spot that Shelvey was no where near and they get a penalty whereas it should have been a free kick to us and at the very most a yellow each for the handbags.

Lansbury then stops, starts to fall over and Dummett falls over him yet the ref gives a pen and a red card?!?!? unreal.

Their equaliser was a joke, fouling, handballing and then a player coming back from an offside position to swing a leg at the ball right in Darlows face.

Goufrann booked for brushing shoulders

Absolute Bollocks.

Watched this with three Forest fans in pub. Sense of injustice was made worse by their very different views on the referreeing decisions (I wanted to kill somebody by the end). Banging head this morning after much medicinal alcohol. That said, I have never seen a game like that and I am pleased to have watched it (not sure I would have believed it otherwise). I so wanted us to win though. Just to balance the (delusional) sense of it being a just world. From Clark's clear penalty (Judo throw) and his disallowed goal, through the litany of other times (already done to death above) we were on the wrong end of dubious decisions, what a soap opera of a game. ✊🏻

Just a side note, been out tonight, Christmas party, yay, Nottingham Forest fans absolutely hate that Notts thing. That's for County. Went to University there for a year and there's some rivalry. Oh fuck, look at the time. Jesus. :lol:

:pow:

Nice to see I'm not the only one to wake up this morning still pissed off by this.

The way things have gone for us this past week in terms of results,today expect Brighton and reading to win, as well as sunderland and Palace. That'll just cap an absolutely miserable weekend.

I'm going to get hammered tonight, so something to look forward to...

Obviously the referee was the reason we lost the match and there'll be enough said about him without me adding to it but there's clearly a couple of issues that Rafa needs to address which are becoming more obvious by the match.

Firstly we're conceding far too many goals from crosses into the box and this is something that's been happening since the very first goal we conceded this season down at Fulham and something that the opposition seem to have identified as a major weakness.

Secondly we have a problem at the other end of the pitch. Perez and Diame shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI and, despite all our possession in the last 3 games we've become predictable and easy to defend against. Rafa needs to consider dropping both of them and pairing Gayle and Mitrovic together. No reason not to in this league, against the sub standard opposition we're up against.

Guest neesy111

Obviously the referee was the reason we lost the match and there'll be enough said about him without me adding to it but there's clearly a couple of issues that Rafa needs to address which are becoming more obvious by the match.

Firstly we're conceding far too many goals from crosses into the box and this is something that's been happening since the very first goal we conceded this season down at Fulham and something that the opposition seem to have identified as a major weakness.

Secondly we have a problem at the other end of the pitch. Perez and Diame shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI and, despite all our possession in the last 3 games we've become predictable and easy to defend against. Rafa needs to consider dropping both of them and pairing Gayle and Mitrovic together. No reason not to in this league, against the sub standard opposition we're up against.

Our strikers are not reason we are predictable.  It's our midfield.

Diame can fuck off. What an absolute donkey that guy is. Forest targeted that right hand side for the whole 2nd half but got very little success out of it because Yedlin and Gouffran were absolutely superb. Diame's lack of work rate was a fucking disgrace tbh and he made that side of the pitch considerably weaker. He was poor in the build up to the corner that won it for them.

The match in general was fucking horseshit. An incredible display from our players and I thought Rafa got it spot on, but there is nothing worse than losing to that miserable shithole of a club. I hate their fans so so much.

Would love it if Karl Henry or James Perch- or just a general Championship clogger- breaks this cunts ankles. What a horrid little cunt.

Lansbury is the classic Championship primadonna; sleeve tattoos, some shit hair like braids or a man-bun, and yellow sock boots. Embarrassment of a football. Definitely was worse than the ref imo.