Wigan Athletic 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/12/16 - Post-match reaction from pg11

BlueStar

Piece of piss. Classic away win. Two good goals.

Guessing lots of people are unhappy like.

People upset at away wins have very short memories. We're Newcastle fans ffs.

Will take that every day of the week.

:thup:

Overall not the best defensive display and we would have conceded IMO against a better side.

2-0 win though and another 3 points back top of the league, I'll take it.

Hayden was probably man of the match but Diame was a close second.

I would like to see us get at teams more and we have a tendency to sit back and look vulnerable once we're in front which is frustrating but we're still winning, so not too much to worry about, all about getting the job done and getting promoted ASAP.

Thought we were pretty bad from the wide positions. Ritchie and Gouf did nothing of note and Anita and Dummett never offered an option nor an overlap.

Safety first, and you can't really argue with the result I suppose. I just think with Ritchie and Gouffran as wide men, you need overlapping full backs if you want to play more incisive football from the back.

Thought we were pretty bad from the wide positions. Ritchie and Gouf did nothing of note and Anita and Dummett never offered an option nor an overlap.

Safety first, and you can't really argue with the result I suppose. I just think with Ritchie and Gouffran as wide men, you need overlapping full backs if you want to play more incisive football from the back.

With those 2 as wingers you need overlapping fullbacks if you want any width at all.

I just think we found it difficult to create too much as a result. All a bit through the middle and mostly in front of their CB pairing.