Wigan Athletic 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/12/16 - Post-match reaction from pg11

BlueStar

Some people just want Gayle to be dropped for some strange reason.

It's completely baffling.

It's not all that baffling when you think about how long it took some people to suss out the king.

I'm not going to complain. I watched it on TV, I didn't enjoy it. But Newcastle United Football Club are not in the business of making good TV.

If you went to the match and didn't enjoy yourself then maybe get some books on how to make the most of a day out.

Complaining about the lack of entertainment just gives Ashley a reason to sack Rafa and claim he is doing it in response to the fans demands.

"We're delighted with the job Rafa did in getting us back to the Premiership, but felt Alan Pardew's front-foot football is what the fans deserve"

What a strange post

I'm not going to complain. I watched it on TV, I didn't enjoy it. But Newcastle United Football Club are not in the business of making good TV.

If you went to the match and didn't enjoy yourself then maybe get some books on how to make the most of a day out.

Complaining about the lack of entertainment just gives Ashley a reason to sack Rafa and claim he is doing it in response to the fans demands.

"We're delighted with the job Rafa did in getting us back to the Premiership, but felt Alan Pardew's front-foot football is what the fans deserve"

What a strange post

How?

He sacked Hughton. Different class admittedly, but he was the right man at the time, Except in Ashleys blurred vision of what the fans wanted.

Imagine paying £25, driving 3 hours and then finding out this is your allocated seat at Wigan :lol:

IMG_5259.jpg

:lol: they'd be class imo. Unless you didn't know the fella you were sat next to.

Yeah you're literally in your own little box, no one around, and have a wall infront of you to put food and shit on, would be great :lol:

What a strange post

How?

He sacked Hughton. Different class admittedly, but he was the right man at the time, Except in Ashleys blurred vision of what the fans wanted.

He sacked Hughton so he could bring Pardew in on the basis he makes money from player sales. Absolutely nothing to do with the fans.

Very happy with another away win :thup:. They lacked so much quality and I was never worried, but i thought we were awful to be honest :lol: Especially in the second half where we looked even more sloppy than we did in the 1st. Lumped the ball forward with no adress way too many times, and it looked like we were standing on our heels when in possession and lost the ball way too much making silly mistakes all over the pitch basically. Having said that we never got out of second gear and we probably could have turned the style on if we had wanted/needed to. I thought we looked up for it in the first 10 minutes or so but a very poor game overall. Nice to win despite not playing even near the level we can :)

What a strange post

How?

He sacked Hughton so he could bring Pardew in on the basis he makes money from player sales. Absolutely nothing to do with the fans.

I'm just saying it is an excuse he could use, if Pardew  became available on a free. "There was definitely discontent amongst the fans, with regards to the brand of football we were playing. Just look at the forums."

Just got back in. Good atmosphere from our fans, not a peep from their fans, how many did they even have?

Not the best performance, but we got the win and that's all that matters.

Our fans were awful IMO.

Picked up in the 2nd half but still quieter than normal. Wins are wins but our football this season has been boring for the most part, which then makes it harder to generate a atmosphere.

Just got back in. Good atmosphere from our fans, not a peep from their fans, how many did they even have?

Our fans were awful IMO.

Picked up in the 2nd half but still quieter than normal. Wins are wins but our football this season has been boring for the most part, which then makes it harder to generate a atmosphere.

:yikes:      sounded pretty good to me, to be fair it takes two to tango mate, Wigan doesnt get the blood boiling does it?

Our fans were awful IMO.

There were some silent spells, but for the most part we sang and chanted and the majority of us were in good spirits. Before the match me and a friend were walking around the retail park trying to find somewhere to eat, one of our fans who was clearly off his head was getting closer and closer to us and singing some of our songs at us thinking we were Wigan fans and trying to intimidate us. He walked off sharply when we turned around and revealed our NUFC shirts.

Saw this in the club shop and immediately ordered one like.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161215/0ec5809407050c8ed630c5a7b4d3437f.jpg

Aye, I saw that as well, the guy clearly has no shame. In front of the club shop there is a new statue of him lifting the FA Cup, not as a player but him as an old man when Wigan did it. Any other club would have the captain or manager lifting the cup, him though, no he's got to be the guy who lifts it.

Our fans were awful IMO.

There were some silent spells, but for the most part we sang and chanted and the majority of us were in good spirits. Before the match me and a friend were walking around the retail park trying to find somewhere to eat, one of our fans who was clearly off his head was getting closer and closer to us and singing some of our songs at us thinking we were Wigan fans and trying to intimidate us. He walked off sharply when we turned around and revealed our NUFC shirts.

There was a lot of bairns who thought they were the dogs bollocks there last night, which unforunately always happens when it goes to general sale.

We were in the Red Robin and a group of about 15 of them started doing the "lets go fucking mental" chant and ripping doing christmas decorations.

Absolute bellends.

Our fans were awful IMO.

There was a lot of bairns who thought they were the dogs bollocks there last night, which unforunately always happens when it goes to general sale.

We were in the Red Robin and a group of about 15 of them started doing the "lets go f***ing mental" chant and ripping doing christmas decorations.

Absolute bellends.

wtf??? anyone have a word?

Our fans were awful IMO.

We were in the Red Robin and a group of about 15 of them started doing the "lets go f***ing mental" chant and ripping doing christmas decorations.

Absolute bellends.

wtf??? anyone have a word?

Aye, a mate of mine that i met down there did. 2 other lads who were on the same bus as me did as well and I think they got the message. 

Our fans were awful IMO.

We were in the Red Robin and a group of about 15 of them started doing the "lets go fucking mental" chant and ripping doing christmas decorations.

Absolute bellends.

Aye, that was one of my mates who I didn't go down with. He's a canny lad but has a lot of self esteem issues, so when he gets together with some of his mates he tries to act 'a lad'. He went down on a bus that has young lads doing ket and lines of coke. Saw him a couple of times down Wigan and he and his made had a giant snowflake which they nicked from the christmas tree at the pub you mentioned, also mentioned they nicked baubles as well. His bus was the one that crashed the football match at Wigan a few years back. The lad needs to stop going with the wrong crowd for away games, I even tried to get him to come down in the car with me and another mate to prevent him from being around those types of people.

Saw someone with the snowflake in the ground before kickoff.

Didn't realise he had nicked it, these idiots need reporting to NUFC and banning (same for anyone taking drugs at away games).

Dont care what issues the lad has, he and any of his mates should fuck off.

I totally agree with you.

I'm not making excuses for him, his behaviour is shambolic, and he knows it is, just trying to say normally he's not like that and it's clearly a case of going with the crowd (crowd he's with). For the record it wasn't him who pinched the it, but someone he was with. There is no doubt in my mind he would have been chanting the 'let's go fucking mental' chant though. Also I'm not sure if he took drugs himself, but people on his bus do. He was certainly well and truly drunk though. All in all I'm not sure if he himself has actually done anything wrong, or if he's just acted like a dick.