Burton Albion vs Newcastle United - 17/12/16 @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

It's not as simple as that at all like :lol:

Ritchie's had a few quiet games but his delivery is generally pretty great regardless, and he's a far bigger part of out attacking play than Gouffran is. Atsu usually replaces Ritchie as it's more like for like (totally different players but both attack minded). Gouffran is in the team to hustle and bustle and has managed to grab a few goals. He's done well like, but he's hardly been lightyears ahead of anyone else to the point of it being 'simple as that'.

It's never simple for thickos. :lol:

Ritchie needs to improve his game, he said himself only recently. Until he does if anyone is going to make way for Atsu it's him. It is canny simple like but obviously not for you. You'll get there in the end though, don't worry.

Your craic is f***ing lifting mate :lol:

Well that's me shot down with comebacks like that. Well done 1-0 to you.

It wasn't a comeback, I'm telling you your craic is shit because you're trying to act like a radgie on the internet. Its canny funny.

I see. Anyway the point still stands. If either winger is going to be dropped it should be Ritchie rather than Gouffran. Gouffran is having a better season, it's as simple as that.

How is it simple that Gouffran is having a better season when Ritchie has the same amount of goals and Ritchie has more assists?

Do you normally just base everything on stats or do you actually base it on watching us play?

You were the one that brought stats up :lol:

Not basing my full argument on it though am I?

Could go on all night but if you are all happy with Ritchie then fine. Me though, I think he needs to get his finger out a bit more as he's been canny disappointing (no stats needed here, I came to this opinion by watching him). Like i said, he admitted this himself. 

It's not as simple as that at all like :lol:

Ritchie's had a few quiet games but his delivery is generally pretty great regardless, and he's a far bigger part of out attacking play than Gouffran is. Atsu usually replaces Ritchie as it's more like for like (totally different players but both attack minded). Gouffran is in the team to hustle and bustle and has managed to grab a few goals. He's done well like, but he's hardly been lightyears ahead of anyone else to the point of it being 'simple as that'.

It's never simple for thickos. :lol:

Ritchie needs to improve his game, he said himself only recently. Until he does if anyone is going to make way for Atsu it's him. It is canny simple like but obviously not for you. You'll get there in the end though, don't worry.

Your craic is f***ing lifting mate :lol:

Well that's me shot down with comebacks like that. Well done 1-0 to you.

It wasn't a comeback, I'm telling you your craic is s*** because you're trying to act like a radgie on the internet. Its canny funny.

:dowie:

The fact Gouffran is playing out of his skin and Ritchie is coming out and saying he's disappointing with himself only further shows the disparity between the two tbh. I don't think Ritchie has set the world alight like he threatened to do early on, but he hasn't been bad by any stretch of the imagination, and Goufftan hasn't been 100% better than him, no arguments needed, just talking facts, just tellin it like it iz, simple as that etc.

I see. Anyway the point still stands. If either winger is going to be dropped it should be Ritchie rather than Gouffran. Gouffran is having a better season, it's as simple as that.

How is it simple that Gouffran is having a better season when Ritchie has the same amount of goals and Ritchie has more assists?

Do you normally just base everything on stats or do you actually base it on watching us play?

You were the one that brought stats up :lol:

Not basing my full argument on it though am I?

Could go on all night but if you are all happy with Ritchie then fine. Me though, I think he needs to get his finger out a bit more as he's been canny disappointing (no stats needed here, I came to this opinion by watching him). Like i said, he admitted this himself. 

I don't think anyone has been blown away by Ritchie but his stats (goals and assists which help win football matches) are equal to or better than Gouffran so it isn't 'simple' that Gouffran is having a better season.

Think Atsu is very unlucky not to be featuring more, he's looked far more dangerous than Gouff and Ritchie over the course of the season imo.

I'm probably more disappointed with Ritchie because I was expecting him to be offering a lot more than he currently is. He ripped this league up when he played for Bournemouth 2 seasons ago and it just isn't happening this time around with us. I hope the lad comes good in the second half of the season otherwise my opinion of him won't change. Get Atsu in for him.

Ritchie is a far better footballer than Gouffran and I'm genuinely stunned as to what the f*** people have been watching and their respective opinions on football to come to such a conclusion. His delivery and ability on the ball is far better, and his level of quality in our play along with Shelvey is one of the reasons we're dominating games at this level.

Gouffran is a turd. A winger who can't cross, pass or take people on. He's filling a space, and it's useful for sure, the workrate and the odd goal, but replacing him with a proper left winger would improve the side in the way Routledge did with the 09/10 side. He's the position we'd most benefit from upgrading on in January, but it seems people have become so used to watching dross over the years that wide players with no ability have become accepted and even vaunted.

Amen.

Ritchie is a far better footballer than Gouffran and I'm genuinely stunned as to what the f*** people have been watching and their respective opinions on football to come to such a conclusion. His delivery and ability on the ball is far better, and his level of quality in our play along with Shelvey is one of the reasons we're dominating games at this level.

Gouffran is a turd. A winger who can't cross, pass or take people on. He's filling a space, and it's useful for sure, the workrate and the odd goal, but replacing him with a proper left winger would improve the side in the way Routledge did with the 09/10 side. He's the position we'd most benefit from upgrading on in January, but it seems people have become so used to watching dross over the years that wide players with no ability have become accepted and even vaunted.

Amen.

Nobody disagrees with any of this, but it strikes me as desperately trying to find an output for misery when he's part of a team on course for 100 points this season.

He's not really playing as a winger in the traditional sense either.

The question is, would Atsu, over the course of a season, make more errors than Gouffran/Richie?

He certainly did against Cardiff, where he gave the ball away about six times and put the team under the cosh.

I reckon Atsu is a more threatening player to the opposition but would it be detriment to our game by playing him regularly? Rafa won't take risks.

Amen.

Nobody disagrees with any of this, but it strikes me as desperately trying to find an output for misery when he's part of a team on course for 100 points this season.

That's because he can't play as a traditional winner because it requires some ability

Amen.

That's because he can't play as a traditional winner because it requires some ability

And because Rafa doesn't dig out-and-out wingers.

Guest firetotheworks

Gouffran gets far too much stick like. Yes he's limited, yes he's not that mobile etc etc, but people seem to want to exaggerate about him to articulate their disdain for him. He's fine doing what he does and it's working well for the team, he's really not that bad a footballer at this level. Some of the descriptions in here are really embarrassing tbh, he's been absolutely fine and consistent at being fine.

Gouffran gets far too much stick like. Yes he's limited, yes he's not that mobile etc etc, but people seem to want to exaggerate about him to articulate their disdain for him. He's fine doing what he does and it's working well for the team, he's really not that bad a footballer at this level. Some of the descriptions in here are really embarrassing tbh, he's been absolutely fine and consistent at being fine.

Amen to that.

:thup: He is doing a similar job to what Jonas did a few years back. I dont want him in the team next season, but he is decent enough for this league. Top of the league and pulling away from the teams in 3rd place and people are still moaning :lol:

Yep, I wouldn't renew his contract at the end of the season, as he wouldn't offer much in the Premier League as he's proven, but he's been decent in this league as stated :thup:

Yep, I wouldn't renew his contract at the end of the season, as he wouldn't offer much in the Premier League as he's proven, but he's been decent in this league as stated :thup:

Totally agree with that, don't want him here next season. Rafa will probably think the same if we're honest.

I had a dream that we were winning 1-0 late on, then late on a bad back pass managed to create a 1 on 1 situation where Darlow came out of his box and saved with his hands. Everyone thought that he was going to be sent off, but the referee bottled it and only gave him a yellow card. The resulting free kick came to nothing and we managed to get the win.

I had a dream that we were winning 1-0 late on, then late on a bad back pass managed to create a 1 on 1 situation where Darlow came out of his box and saved with his hands. Everyone thought that he was going to be sent off, but the referee bottled it and only gave him a yellow card. The resulting free kick came to nothing and we managed to get the win.

Was that early on ?

Think Atsu is very unlucky not to be featuring more, he's looked far more dangerous than Gouff and Ritchie over the course of the season imo.

I'm probably more disappointed with Ritchie because I was expecting him to be offering a lot more than he currently is. He ripped this league up when he played for Bournemouth 2 seasons ago and it just isn't happening this time around with us. I hope the lad comes good in the second half of the season otherwise my opinion of him won't change. Get Atsu in for him.

I feel the same, but tempered by his early form, undoubted ability to place a ball (when not trying too hard/off-form) and that his effectiveness for AFCB in the Championship no doubt varied as well.  He'll come right, and would quite like to see if he and Atsu could play together, even if switching wings periodically through the match.