Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/2017 - post match bicker from pg.28

Greg

We seemed to be trying to be too crafty in their half, glad to see we started banging balls into the box a bit more.

Blackburn have been pretty well organised so we need to get more quick balls in, and unsettle them a bit more.

Confident we can go on and win this.

Even though we aren't creating very much I like how we try to pass the ball quickly, with some authority and urgency. Trying to keep a decently high tempo compared to the game against Sheffield Wednesday at least.

Wait, that Diame shot was on 20mins.

Ahh, so a couple of shots means everyone is wrong about us being shit for 30 minutes...

Good end to the half though.

Aye. We've hardly cut them open like. We're dominating and have had a couple of half chances as a result. We've been fairly easy to defend against though.

EDIT: I'm not saying we've been bad by any stretch :lol:

Don't think we looked like scoring tbh, as dominant as we were. Remind me a lot of England in the Euros.

Really?

Couple of times we've carved them open, particularly that chance on Gayles left foot.

They can't give him any more of those before they pay for it.

Great half, all that's missing is the goal.

Completely dominant and creating chances though can't complain at all.

Be amazed if we don't score here

We've been dominant, but haven't really created much in the way of chances other than long range shots and a couple of efforts for Gayle which were half chances really. If the Diame effort had gone in we'd probably be 3-0up by now, Blackburn are just sitting back and trying to defend for 90 mins.

The most positive thing I took from that half was that Rafa has clearly responded to our last couple games.

We've been pretty shit with slow build up without Jonjo so it seems to me we're now trying to win the ball back a lot higher up the pitch. The whole team is pressing and not dropping back after losing posession. Winning the ball back in transition makes the pitch so much shorter to attack which seems to be helping our lack of creativity.

What still worries me is that losing one player is effecting our play so much against one of the worst sides in the league. That's not a great position to be in and needs adressing this month.

Lots of crying on here.

There really isn't. As per there's more moaning at a situation that hasn't happened.

The vast majority have objectively pointed out we're away from home and completely dominating. And that's it's only a matter of time.

Just because people have pointed out the first 20 or so mins were poor doesn't mean they're crying.

We've took the piss as the game's gone on. 70+% possession and 15 or so shots on :lol:

:thup: we've domnated so far without looking as dangerous as I'd like. We looked more threatening as the half finished. If we return back to the opening 25-30 mins it'll be a frustrating night.