Modou Barrow

lovejoy

I'm amazed that so many people don't rate Barrow. He's not scared to take on attacking responsibility and regularly makes good impact coming as a sub. He has his limitations of course - lighweight, not the best decision-making.. but there's also a lot of potential in his dribbling and technique. I'd be happy with him as an option on the wings. Of all the left-footed right wingers we've been linked with, he seems the most unsuited to playing on the left side though.

Just saw he's 24.. I actually thought he was 18/19. Still - would be a good deal for a low fee.

Seems odd if it's a loan deal. My guess is he'll hardly feature.

Why?

Because of the next sentence, basically. :lol:

Maybe he'll come in and feature a lot but it sounds like he's an erratic type that needs a bit of refinement so I doubt Rafa will throw him in the team any time soon.

Well he's better than Gouffran for starters.

Very fast & raw but appears to lack a great deal of end product.

Oh Obertan...how we have missed you. :(

TBF I'd have had Obertan in the Championship.

Why? We'll get promoted without him and won't be lumbered with a waste of space next season.

Seems odd if it's a loan deal. My guess is he'll hardly feature.

Why?

Because of the next sentence, basically. :lol:

Maybe he'll come in and feature a lot but it sounds like he's an erratic type that needs a bit of refinement so I doubt Rafa will throw him in the team any time soon.

But even if we bought him outright he might hardly feature. Can't see him starting more games than Ritchie so I don't see the problem in a loan. I don't find the loan deal odd.

Maybe we should do something really unusual abd judge a player based on his performances for us, rather than speculating about how s*** they are first.

Clark was getting similar reviews when we signed him, he's been one of our best players this season.

I decided you were a shit poster before you'd even posted anything and look how right I was. It's just part of the game, man.

Maybe we should do something really unusual abd judge a player based on his performances for us, rather than speculating about how s*** they are first.

Clark was getting similar reviews when we signed him, he's been one of our best players this season.

Still think it's fair to judge of the opinions of fans who have watched him the last year or so tbh. Just ask Palace fans about Pardew.

Still think it's fair to judge of the opinions of fans who have watched him the last year or so tbh. Just ask Palace fans about Pardew.

From the thread on a Swansea forum I read yesterday, they all think he has great potential but needs managing well. What a perfect manager to have to guide him in Rafa.

So not sure why the people on here who have watched him very infrequently should have such a stronger opinion than those who watch him every week.

He's f***ing rapid. Also f***ing s***.

Will probably look decent in our side, although against teams that just sit deep and defend I can't imagine he'd have any real impact.

Pace is one of the key things needed to break a team down who sit deep and just defend imo.  Being slow, ponderous and having no pace makes it easier for a team.  This lad is obviously quick, never seem him play but no reason to disbelieve a lot of people who say he's s***.  Hopefully at the level we are at he'll be a decent addition until May.