Oxford 3-0 Newcastle 28/1/17 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

The transfer window and this effort in the cup have shown that absolutely fuck all has changed at the club. It's been groundhog day for what is kicking on for 10 years now. Just a continually pathetic mentality from the tossers.

I think you're exaggerating if you believe this defeat has any profound implications. It isn't 'defining' - it doesn't 'sum us up'.

It's a fucking awful result brought about through a number of factors. Benitez played a side that was weaker than it needed to have been; and, in addition to that, the players he did pick let everybody down.

As for the frugality this window, I can see why we haven't paid January's prices. The vast majority of clubs haven't bought anyone this window. And the vast majority aren't 7 points clear of third with a game in hand. I don't necessarily agree with it (i.e. if Townsend is available at a price close to what we sold him for, I think we should do the deal), but again, it isn't necessarily a defining characteristic of the club as it exists atm.

The transfer window and this effort in the cup have shown that absolutely fuck all has changed at the club. It's been groundhog day for what is kicking on for 10 years now. Just a continually pathetic mentality from the tossers.

I think you're exaggerating if you believe this defeat has any profound implications. It isn't 'defining' - it doesn't 'sum us up'.

It's a fucking awful result brought about through a number of factors. Benitez played a side that was weaker than it needed to have been; and, in addition to that, the players he did pick let everybody down.

As for the frugality this window, I can see why we haven't paid January's prices. The vast majority of clubs haven't bought anyone this window. And the vast majority aren't 7 points clear of third with a game in hand. I don't necessarily agree with it (i.e. if Townsend is available at a price close to what we sold him for, I think we should do the deal), but again, it isn't necessarily a defining characteristic of the club as it exists atm.

:thup: Whilst it's almost certainly true that those in charge at the club haven't changed, the window and today's result aren't necessarily reflective of that. Overly dramatic.

:thup: Whilst it's almost certainly true that those in charge at the club haven't changed, the window and today's result aren't necessarily reflective of that. Overly dramatic.

:thup:

If we'd signed Sels on a free we'd have still grossly overpaid. What the f*** was Rafa thinking?

its a strange one. not sure which tapes rafa had been watching.

as soon as it was known we were signing him, there were plenty on here already calling Sels out for not being able to catch a ball.

Was there? Doubt many here watched the Belgian league regularly. It's a thing about not adapting and confidence being down surely. Wasn't he chosen the best goalkeeper in the Belgian league, surely can't have been this bad and yet won it.

definitely a couple. this was from minhosa

"Just watched a Youtube compilation of his best saves from 2015-16 season. The video is 4.32 mins long. For the first half he hardly catches a ball :lol:.

Every save is a punch/tip back into danger :lol:."

Absolutely no point in trying to progress in the FA Cup when the likes of Chelsea and Man city are still in the competition.

What bollocks :lol:

If you think we ever stood half a chance of even getting to Wembley never mind winning the fa cup you are completely and utterly eluded period !!

Can't disagree with that. Honestly, it's one thing 'not paying January prices' and quite another sitting back and failing to invest the modest amount required to displace the likes of Alsoran, Colback and Ameobi.

Can't disagree with that. Honestly, it's one thing 'not paying January prices' and quite another sitting back and failing to invest the modest amount required to displace the likes of Alsoran, Colback and Ameobi.

The same Alsoran (pathetic btw) who is our 4th top scorer?

Your point being what? :lol:

That you're having a mini-meltdown over not disposing Gouffran, yet he has proven to be fairly effective at this level.

like these reactions when people start veering into kicking off with rafa territory :lol:

he's won loads of f***ing cups man, didn't work out today, move on...people mentioning pardew :anguish:

Exactly  :lol: was working so didnt  get to keep up to date with the match, and tbh I was shocked when I seen the score ! I did think we'd get a win today ..... Reading comments on hear and reading match reports I do realise we must of been horrible but some of the reactions are a tad OTT  :lol: of course a cup run would of been great but it wasn't the be all to end all, were still 7 points ahead of 3rd way a game in hand ...  and we are still on course to get promotion and that is the be all to end all... I fucking dread going on hear after we get beat this season the negativity about the club and people questioning Rafa it's actually baffling .

like these reactions when people start veering into kicking off with rafa territory :lol:

he's won loads of f***ing cups man, didn't work out today, move on...people mentioning pardew :anguish:

Exactly  :lol: was working so didnt  get to keep up to date with the match, and tbh I was shocked when I seen the score ! I did think we'd get a win today ..... Reading comments on hear and reading match reports I do realise we must of been horrible but some of the reactions are a tad OTT  :lol: of course a cup run would of been great but it wasn't the be all to end all, were still 7 points ahead of 3rd way a game in hand ...  and we are still on course to get promotion and that is the be all to end all... I fucking dread going on hear after we get beat this season the negativity about the club and people questioning Rafa it's actually baffling .

3 games into next season we'll have people calling for Rafa's head and everyone online supporting the opposition again. It's the Newcastle way.

That you're having a mini-meltdown over not disposing Gouffran, yet he has proven to be fairly effective at this level.

Yeah, a real meltdown because I think we should have better than Yoan Gouffran on the left wing. :thup:

We made a huge profit in the last window and should be investing some of it now, with a view to next season too, should we get promoted. You know fine well going forward as a club we need much better than the likes of Gouffran, man. One of the reasons we were never in a relegation battle in 10-11 is because we started looking like a PL team in that second half of the Championship campaign and were able to pretty much hit the ground running the next season. If we go up with this squad we'll need nothing short of complete overhaul in the summer.