Newcastle United 2-2 Queens Park Rangers - 01/02/17 - 19:45

BlueStar

Darlow is what he is. An adequate Championship keeper with lots of potential to get better but a way short of PL quality right now.

:thup:

Shelvey, Ritchie & Gayle are our three who wouldn't look out of place somewhere around 12th. One of Lascelles/Clark/Mbemba would potentially do alongside a senior proven CB. We might get away with 2 or 3 others in the current team as long as 4 quality first team players are around them. But we're way short of a Premier League team.

I felt a bit sorry for Ayoze and the two missed chances. He was right to shoot for the first.

I bet you cry at the two minute filler interviews on This Morning when Tracey Pleb's son has died or something.

If you think Perez shooting was the right decision then you're either mental or blind fwiw.

Or just a massive wum

f***ing rough that like, whole squad other than Gayle and Shelvey is average as f***.

Given that they're distinctly average at the Premier League level, that doesn't bode well. Ritchie has looked pretty good, hasn't he?

I've not seen much of Newcastle this year apart from highlights.

Bang average side we have become.i thought we classy in the first half of the season but now.

Let this sink in.....Daryl Murphy subbed for Sammy Ameobi, with Gouffran up front Darlow in goal .......that is us, throw in Perez and fucking hell we are a pile of shite.

Its still no time to panic but i detect a lack of fight in the team, a lack of a leader, a lack of something.

It needed freshening up, we fucked that up.

We improved a lot in the last half hour, but I'd agree about the lack of leadership. There's no stand-out candidate. Lascelles is still on a learning curve as a defender and seems a bit quiet. Shelvey played well and is our playmaker, but he seemed to do a lot of moaning and gesticulating that didn't look that helpful.

Watching the game it seemed to me that Clarks timing throughout the game was off his clearance headers were never firm headers that cleared the ball well clear of our area but half hit and were constantly picked up by qpr players on the edge of our area.  His clearances on the deck were the same.  It may have been due to his head injury and having said that Rafa should have taken him off and put Hanley on in his place.

With Mitro...6:0 without him 2:2

Nevermind..I am glad...

Give him chance on the spoon...once in 2 months and expect miracles

I remember Gayle also had shitty performances and noone said 1 word against him.When Mitro played in "combined" team and gave bad performance...noone siad..hey..he just came from bad injury...lets give him 2,3 games

I cant wait summer and new club for him

In normal circumstances we'd have strolled to a win in that second half. When Gayle is back I think we'll go on another long run because he'd have buried most of those chances last night. We'll beat Derby on Saturday then it'll be panic over.

In normal circumstances we'd have strolled to a win in that second half. When Gayle is back I think we'll go on another long run because he'd have buried most of those chances last night. We'll beat Derby on Saturday then it'll be panic over.

Play like we did last night against Derby and we'll lose by 2 goals minimum.

I know Mitrovic is public enemy number 1 on here lately but I'm really not seeing what Murphy offered today that Mitrovic couldn't have improved on.

More evidently it demonstrated how desperate we are for Gayle to get back.

The Murphy love in was merely some people backing whatever Rafa does.

I know Mitrovic is public enemy number 1 on here lately but I'm really not seeing what Murphy offered today that Mitrovic couldn't have improved on.

More evidently it demonstrated how desperate we are for Gayle to get back.

Yep, ineffective performance from Murphy tonight as good as he's been lately.

I'd be tempted to start two strikers on Saturday (I know I know) and go for the throat from the off. Derby are in good form at the moment but from the little I've seen of them they struggle with a high tempo. we need to make sure we grasp the momentum and keep it.

He didn't look fit last night, well off the pace. Perhaps adrenalin got him through against Brentford and Rotherham.

"We've been found out. Opposition team talk. Pressurise Clark and Lascelles and stop them having time and space to play out from the back, and stick a man on Shelvey. Result --they won't know what to do to get over the halfway line apart from the long ball. Attack Lascelles on the ground-- he can't cope. Encourage the Toon to get the ball to Perez --he will lose it or make the wrong decision. Hayden always needs an extra touch. Ritchie and Gouffran aren't orthodox wingers and their first job is to defend, so don't worry about them beating our full backs and crossing because it won't happen.

A few obvious flaws which we can all see so Rafa needs to change things fast!! Playing Goofy up front and Sammy on the wing made an immediate impact last night. Bring in  Diame on Saturday. Please drop Perez now he has been the weakest link for most of the season--he works hard but just hasn't got it!!"

Someone on the ronny gill website nailing it, never thought I'd say that.

"We've been found out. Opposition team talk. Pressurise Clark and Lascelles and stop them having time and space to play out from the back, and stick a man on Shelvey. Result --they won't know what to do to get over the halfway line apart from the long ball. Attack Lascelles on the ground-- he can't cope. Encourage the Toon to get the ball to Perez --he will lose it or make the wrong decision. Hayden always needs an extra touch. Ritchie and Gouffran aren't orthodox wingers and their first job is to defend, so don't worry about them beating our full backs and crossing because it won't happen.

A few obvious flaws which we can all see so Rafa needs to change things fast!! Playing Goofy up front and Sammy on the wing made an immediate impact last night. Bring in  Diame on Saturday. Please drop Perez now he has been the weakest link for most of the season--he works hard but just hasn't got it!!"

Someone on the ronny gill website nailing it, never thought I'd say that.

100% accurate.

just seen the extended highlights on nufc.co.uk - obviously they dont show the shelvey incident.

the stamp on sammy is awful. looked bad at the game but as even a yellow was shown we thought it must have looked worse than it was as we were towards the other side of the gallowgate. but fuck me, the guy meant it. no doubt about it.