Wolves 0-1 Newcastle United - 11/02/17 - post match red cards from pg25

BlueStar

Are NUFC going to be the worst team to ever get promoted?

We are s*** mind.

No.

We are a totally functional team that was built for this league, if Rafa can be persuaded to stay in the summer and is allowed a few top class players to take into next season, we will be a very handy outfit.

I don't get this "We're s***" talk.

Especially suggesting we're the worst ever. The football for most of the season has been better than 09/10 and has wielded more points at this stage.

Totally agree.  People harp back to that 09/10 season, at times we were utter dross and still won games.  I don't know what people expect over an absolute slog of a season?  To blow sides away week in week out?  Some of our football this season has been sublime, at other times it's been extremely functional and other times poor.  It's 46 games FFS.

We are s*** mind.

You should of seen some of the football i grew up watching in the mid seventies and early eighties before keegan came as a player, now that was real shit.

We are s*** mind.

You should of seen some of the football i grew up watching in the mid seventies and early eighties before keegan came as a player, now that was real s***.

I think he did, so did I.

'The death of Wolves fan and ex-showjumper/cricketer Rachael Heyhoe Flint was marked by applause before the game and at one point in the second half - it's tbc whether a similar tribute to those dead whales in New Zealand is scheduled for Tuesday's game at Norwich.'

Enjoyable from .com  :lol:

tbf she had been a director and honourary vice president of the club. It's not like she was just a fan.

Guest neesy111

Aye, even i knew about her importance in sport in general and a connection with Wolves.

It's probably a thin veiled dig at our fans tbh.

We are s*** mind.

You should of seen some of the football i grew up watching in the mid seventies and early eighties before keegan came as a player, now that was real shit.

I was there! And you are correct.

Should still have been sent off regardless that we scored.

Denied a clear goalscoring opportunity by saving the ball by stretching out his arm.

As we scored the obvious goal scoring opportunity no longer exists, ref would have to either of

a) stopped game and give penalty and red card or

b) allow goal and give a yellow card

Can't do both

Guest neesy111

Denied a clear goalscoring opportunity by saving the ball by stretching out his arm.

As we scored the obvious goal scoring opportunity no longer exists, ref would have to either of

Can't do both

:thup:

People should really read up on the rules, especially regarding the handball rule.

Can't do both

Cheers.

Well in that case he should have been sent off and a penalty given, rather than the goal. Especially factoring in the fact that Lascelles was offside leading to the goal so it shouldn't have stood anyway.

First infringement in the passage of play was the handball, so that should have been given.

All immaterial of course - the goal was given, we won 1-0 and nowt changes that now.

Neesy acting all high and mighty shocker. So boring.

I still think Lascelles should have been given offside. If Diame's shot misses the defender and the keeper saves it and the ball ends up at Lascelles feet then Lascelles is given offside. Just because it hits the defender doesn't mean he shouldn't be given offside because he's still offside from Diame's shot

Lascelles wasn't offside as he wasn't interfering with play.

Aye of course not, he's not running across the eyeline of the keeper at all. He also then doesn't get the ball from the proceeding run and then assist the goal (all from obtaining the advantage of standing in an offside position from the initial shot).

Maybe you should take your own advice and read up on the rules.

I still think Lascelles should have been given offside. If Diame's shot misses the defender and the keeper saves it and the ball ends up at Lascelles feet then Lascelles is given offside. Just because it hits the defender doesn't mean he shouldn't be given offside because he's still offside from Diame's shot

Yeah it does. The rules state that it's a different phrase of play, and also if it hits off defender then you can't be offside when the last touch was off an opposition player.

Guest neesy111

Lascelles in the GK's view my arse.  That would mean the offside would be given no matter what.  Football 1 - 0 Figures.

http://i.imgur.com/1CA1rfH.png